Need A Crew / Want To Fish

• rockdocrockdoc Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Going to ft laud for a convention approx march 7; im from nj, where i fish anywhere from the marshes casting to stripers to 70 mile runs to the canyon for trolling offshore pelagics; im 38 yo, just looking for any fishing opportunity withput having to book a charter! I enjoy finding the fish/the thrill of the hunt, rather then pay a charter to do it! I have entire day tues mar 8 free, and prob nights most other days til march 12; anyone looking to do some inshore casting or deepwater trolling or jigging, and has room for an extra in their boat, please shoot me a text! Id b happy to pay for good share of gas/bait/food...... Even interested in night tarpon... Text me at 609-213-3138. Thanks! Mike
  • sb0sb0 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Hello - if anyone is willing to take a new angler out... I'm in Miami.
    Willing to chip in on gas/bait/etc.
    I work M-F so more than likely available on weekends.
    If interested, send a PM.

• Grumpy?Grumpy? Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    Grumpy here again.Anyone wants to go dolphin fishing during this prime time . Check previous post for me.
    I have a 23' mako at Homestead Bayfront and love to go.
    Over the the years I have met and fished with plenty of really cool and nice folks from this site.
    Let me know Robert.
  • trophy28trophy28 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I have a 28ft trophy walkaround with twin 150s. We usually leave out of Hillsboro inlet. We live in pompano and keep the boat in the water. We are looking for people to chip in for gas and bait. Our schedules vary. Email me at for schedules. or shoot me a text at 954-589-7200. Thank you. Adam
  • rick2752rick2752 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    2 guys mid 40s respectful willing to pitch in on costs. Would like to fish on Tuesday the 17th out of Miami Would also be willing to split a charter with a few other people. Would love to go after tuna or Mahi but bottom fishing is fine also. Pm me if interested.
  • ralphyc517ralphyc517 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    hi all, looking for an inshore/flats/fly fishing buddy for mondays. i fish mostly biscayne, flamingo, chokoloskee and sometimes the keys. i have an 18' hewes. im looking for someone who can fish on mondays, im off on sundays and mondays but sunday is usually for the wife. mondays i would like to fish but i dont have anyone to go with and i cant pole/fish (i have trolling motor too) by myself. im looking for someone with inshore/flats experience and someone into fly fishing would be awesome. all you would need would be your own gear/ tackle and your food. i got everything else. i live in miami. text me 305-588-8921, Ralph. thanks.
  • snookem300snookem300 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    GeekedUp wrote: »
    I'll check here when I'm heading out on the weekend and I'm light a crew member or two.

I usually fish out of Hilsboro Inlet or Government Cut when I'm in Miami. 75% of the time I'm out of Hilsboro Inlet though.

2000 25' Aquasport CC, twin 150s. Just ask that we split fuel/bait when we fish. I clean my own boat and make plenty of ice at home.

my name is Alex Cummins and I am 22. I just moved down here to Fort lauderdale to start work as a Project Engineer after graduating from Florida Tech. Up in Melbourne I had everything dialed in when it came to where and when to fish for snook and tarpon and also my bait spots for mullet.

I am seriously passionate about fishing. I've only been in Lauderdale for a month and I have found a few spots from shore since Im currently land based.

I want to learn offshore and if you ever need a mate or fishing partner. I would be there in a heart beat. I don't want to be paid as a crew member since I honestly look at it as you doing me a favor. I would rig stuff up, clean the boat, help customers, everything. If you give me the opportunity to fish with you I would of course split everything. I am very serious about this and I want to learn for when I get my boat hopefully next year or so...

Please let me know what you think. I gave you the intro so you wouldn't think I am just some crazy kid.

My number is 717 715 9105. I also have my own rods and leader and everything.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• remel1993remel1993 Posts: 492 Deckhand
    My names Remy, we just sold our 21ft proline and are currently looking for a bigger boat. But in the mean time, my brothers are in town until the 17th and would like to take them out fishing as much as possible. I fish alot offshore, deep dropping, trolling, vertical jigging. Ill pitch in for gas, bait, ect... If youd like to know get to know me, check out my fishing videos on my channel
    PM if available.
    If I dont answer my phone call, either Im fishing or riding my motorcycle. -Salty Bike Life
  • SouthernCruxSouthernCrux Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    So I really don't have much to do this summer other than fish, dive, and spear. Are you the degenerate salty type who has nothing better to do this summer than show me the ropes? Non degenerates will work too.

Spent the last two years rebuilding my Baha Cruisers 340 Kingcat, just moved to florida, and ready to fish her. I'm in Las Olas, and the boat is right behind the house. I'm about a 15 minute boat ride from the cut, right where the new river meets the intracoastal.

Powered by twin 6bt Cummins 370hp - 500 hours
    New Rudders
    New Steering Cylinders
    New Mounts and Alignment
    Kohler genset and AC (currently got an oil pan gasket and fuse to change)
    New electronics (gps, radar, autopilot)
    4 new underwater lights in transom (blue)
    Re-cored hatches
    All new thru hulls (chrome)
    New bilge pumps (6)
    New water heater.
    Plenty of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting

If you know anything about Baha Cruisers, you know the finish out was dog*****. I've spent the last two years making her right, and more projects will be ongoing this summer and fall. That being said, I've never found another Baha Cruisers with as many options out of the factory she was...or found one ever rebuilt like her. I have done it right every step of the way.

I'd love to put a list together of a dozen or so guys or gals. I can go on any given day, so it'd be ideal to have a list of folks with different schedules. Whether you like to fish, dive, spear, or all of the above...really unimportant. I need experience in all three. Of course, sharing fuel/bait costs and the workload is helpful too.

I've also got a ridiculous amount of gear (rods, reels, bcds, regulators, etc.)

I'm only four months into south florida (texas transplant), and most of that has been spent working on the boat. I've got to go back to work come september, so I'm looking to hit it hard this summer!

Was around boats tons growing up, but pops was never a fisherman or diver...mariner's knowledge is decent. I've got everything teed up for a great summer, but the sportsman knowledge, and that cannot be bought.

Who's ready to teach?

Photos here. PM me if available.

Read more:
    Grumpy once again.I think I posted this looking for folks to fish about three times.Let me tell you its been great met some cool fisherman with their set of skills. Fished with a french vetenarian that was in the french army as a vetenarian in assigment in Africa.
    Some real great dudes that were in USCG. And that last bunch were US Navy dudes in temporary assigment to the south and living in Miami. We had a great time jumping waves and catching dolphin.All summer.
    Anyway if your intrested let me know
  • GamekillaGamekilla Posts: 461 Officer
    Looking for some spearos out of Miami. Will have access to a 25ft walk around and want to put some blue water spearing trips together. Safety is the main concern...I'm very experienced boater and spearo, not looking to teach beginners or guide when it comes to blue water spearing...too dangerous. Just looking to split gas.
  • Jason9876Jason9876 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Hello Everyone,

Well, I finally moved down here from the Midwest and I'm loving Florida so far! :) I'm staying in the Fort Lauderdale/Las Olas area while looking for work, and will be staying in Lauderdale by the sea next month. I'm a friendly 40 year old guy looking to meet some people to fish with. My experience is in midwest fishing, but I'm picking up Florida fishing quickly. If you have a boat, I can chip in for gas/supplies, and will help clean up. If someone wants to hit a pier or an inlet, I'm up for that too. I got here a couple weeks ago and have hit Anglin's and the PE jettys, along with the party boats. I'm learning to freedive as well, and I'm taking a FII course with the intent to eventually spearfish. Let me know if some other beginner (or patient advanced) divers want to go out, from boat or shore. I can fish on weekdays for the time being as well.

Tight lines! :fishing
  • lorellanalorellana Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    I just recently sold my boat, and already missing the open water.
    I am located in North Miami area & always willing to pitch in financially for fishing trips.
    If everyone is ever looking for a spare hands on deck feel free to hit me up.
    24 Years old.

I mostly fish from piers, jetty's or any nice secluded shore area
    Occasionally I also like to go to canals and lakes and look for some nice catch and release Bass.
    Have boat will fish.
    If you are interested.
    PM me.
    Hard for me to believe I got no bites.
    Keep chumming.
    23' mako Homestead Bayfront.
    Lets go fishing.
    Im retired will go weather permitting.
    PM me
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,840 Captain
    OOPS, posted in wrong section. Moderators please remove
  • hawkerpaynehawkerpayne Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hey everyone!

I am from the Midwest and making a trip down to Ft Lauderdale July 14-18. I am an avid fisherman here in Kansas and have been on a few fishing trips in Florida both off shore and inshore. This is a new one for me in the southern region though. I am reaching out to do any kind of fishing those days. I'll pay more than my share of the gas, oil, bait, snacks, pop, water, Ice, what ever it takes to get on the water those days. I have some surf fishing equipment that I will be bringing with, but not a whole lot of anything. I am looking to do anything from joining a group deep sea fishing, to going out on our own, to inshore, to surf. You name it and I am in. I should have a rental car so I can travel a reasonable distance. I know I am early with this post and if I don't have any takers I will repost when it is closer, but anyone looking for someone to do their fare share of work from getting bait to scrubbing down afterwards and fileting fish any of those days please send me a message.

• bomamanbomaman Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hi! I'm 32 - able bodied and happy to buy bait/gas/beer/pitch in however is needed. I have my own gear.

In Delray Beach for the next few weeks with family.

Looking for somebody with a boat who wants a friendly ride-a-long who pitches in on costs. I'm open for inshore or offshore. PM me or text me 609 933 4938.

• grkerogrkero Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    In Miami for the rest of this month for flight training. Looking to get out with anyone looking for more.

I'm 31, very easy going, west coast fisherman, and will split all costs and clean up work.

PM me and we can get in touch from there. Thanks!
  • ShoeDrShoeDr Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    My schedule is flexible..Happy to share gas n. Bait costs
    Grumpy once again looking for folks that want to fish. Check previous post to check it out.
    Use to fish trolling for Dolphin in the spring but the water lately has been too hot .
    Ive had some luck finding them in the fall.
    So let me know if you are interested.
    Need some folks that can work some lines.
    You got the rest
  • mschafer1mschafer1 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    New to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and available to fish out of Hillsboro Inlet or Port E on most weekends. Trying to learn the local waterways and gain some experience, . Have two TLD 25s and a few spinners, and plenty of elbow grease to scrub some deck blood. Can assist with bait and ice costs as well.

Matt (352) 615-2012
  • ReelehoursReelehours Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Father and Son down in Pompano from 11/21-11/29 looking to do some fishing. Both experienced fisherman but no longer have a boat down here. Willing to pitch in for any costs necessary.

Nick (616)-403-8370 available any day
  • MiamiMikeMiamiMike Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Fishing Out of Haulover.
    33 FT center console could use 1-2 anglers.
    Usually fish weekdays.
    Mike 305-788-0047
  • MonelloMonello Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    Looking to catch a ride with anyone fishing out of the Marathon area. My son is visiting next week. He just wrapped up a year in Iraq and is coming down to warm up and wind down. Looking for the 15 through the 17th. Will contribute a good bit for fuel, bait, chow, etc. PM me here if you can help us out. TIA
  • Sunny@hi-CHEWSunny@hi-CHEW Posts: 113 Officer
    Hey , I'm close to Haulover and Government Cut , I'm a young fisherman who likes to vertical jig and do some livebaiting and bottomfishing.
    Pretty knowledgable and experienced with saltwater.
    Can do cleaning fish, boat, tying knots and general help.
  • chasinfinschasinfins Posts: 106 Deckhand

Never been on this side go figure always on the general hunting and fishing. Will frequent here now. Im currently boatless but i will split expenses with anybody of there willing to have me. Fresh or salt

follow me on instagram @woodzandwater
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    edited March 15 #119
    Fishing out of Hillsboro weekdays in my 17' McKee Craft.
    Seeking a solid 1st mate need not apply....

Please PM me even if you're broke! 

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file