What do you all say?
No political signature

Replies

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,378 AG
    Eagles +3
    Steelers -7
    Saints +5
    Patriots -13.5
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,479 Captain
    When u kneel for our anthem and stand for other countries anthems you've lost my time and money.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,729 Captain
    Few of us living in this former NFL city, St. Louis, are rooting hard for any of them.

It's almost a blessing not to be emotionally attached to a "home team".

A good, hard played, close, game will be entertaining no matter who wins.

Kansas City attracted attention here early in the season, and the Rams got good TV ratings.

( In fact, they got better TV ratings here than they got in L.A.! )

However, nary a tear was shed when the Rams lost in the first round.

The same if New England takes it in the ear ... or at least fails to beat the spread.
    The Patriots covering is the only bet I'm a bit worried about.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    Go Eagles!!!!
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,392 AG
    Whoa
    Jacksonville?!?
    No political signature
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,408 AG
    Go Jaguars!!!

Mini Mart Magnate

• hatcityhatcity Posts: 2,868 Captain
    the Irishman who can't be mentioned must be estatic
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,384 Captain
    I have a feeling all the Minneapolis hotels and restaurants are secretly cheering for the Saints, right now.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,459 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    Ok, week two of the playoffs here's my take

Atlanta beats Philly
    Pittsburgh beats Jacksonville
    Minnesota beats New Orleans (iffy)
    And for a crazy upset Tennessee beats New England, really crazy

What do you all say?

0-4 LMAO
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    When u kneel for our anthem and stand for other countries anthems you've lost my time and money.

This. I quit the NFL this year after being a rabid 50 year fan.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    hatcity wrote: »

Conor McGregor?

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,135 AG
    There's some kind of lesson to be learned in NO vs Minn finish.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Don't care about lessons.
    the $aints covered and that's good enough for me.
    Cool that the Vikings may end up hosting the Super Bowl on their home field.
    Sucks that regular fans won't have a chance to attend.
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    There's some kind of lesson to be learned in NO vs Minn finish.

Don't trust CBS Sports fake news?

edit: Blow up the pic. It says "end of 4th".
    cbs.jpg 73.2K

• frankfrank Posts: 12,392 AG
    GA Fin wrote: »
    0-4 LMAO .

1-3

not that it matters
    No political signature
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    hatcity wrote: »

You know it's driving him bananas not to be flapping right now. Bananas are good :grin
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,190 Officer
    Hell of a Sunday. I'm pulling for the Vikings and Jags with little confidence in either team.
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,169 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    Minnesota beats New Orleans (iffy)

All I have to say is WOW!
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,000 AG
    fishdish wrote: »
    Hell of a Sunday. I'm pulling for the Vikings and Jags with little confidence in either team.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!

Jags over Patriots!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,727 Admiral
    Vikings fans deserved that finish with all the bad luck and horrible endings that have gone against them in the playoffs. One big karma miracle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,907 Admiral
    ****?

-0cfac8387d878025.JPG
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,421 Admiral
    someone pressed the hit stick too early
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,421 Admiral
    Anddddd Mularkey out in Tennessee
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,169 Admiral
    Gardawg wrote: »
    ****?

-0cfac8387d878025.JPG

This is a great example of what passes for "tackling" in the NFL ... .

The results speak volumes.

The running backs are almost as bad.

Running out of bounds without punishing the defensive player?

One of the pre-game talk-fests should show some clips of Jim Brown.

He never ran out of bounds ... he would put todays "stars" to shame.

( An all-American in Lacrosse ... can you imagine Jim Brown running towards you, with a stick? )
    Jim brown probably would have had a 4 year career ended by knee problems or concussions.

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug wrote: »
    Jim brown probably would have had a 4 year career ended by knee problems or concussions.

What planet are you from?

Jim Brown played from 1957 - 1965.

Read and learn, youngster.

James Nathaniel Brown (born February 17, 1936) is a former professional American football player and actor. He was a fullback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL) from 1957 through 1965.

Considered to be among the greatest football players of all time.

Brown was a Pro Bowl invitee every season he was in the league, was recognized as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player three times, and won an NFL championship with the Browns in 1964. He led the league in rushing yards in eight out of his nine seasons, and by the time he retired, he had shattered most major rushing records.

In 2002, he was named by The Sporting News as the greatest professional football player ever.

Brown earned unanimous All-America honors playing college football at Syracuse University in New York, where he was an all-around player for the Syracuse Orangemen football team. He also excelled in basketball, track and field, and lacrosse. The football team later retired his number 44 jersey. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1995.

In his professional career, Brown carried the ball 2,359 times for 12,312 rushing yards and 106 touchdowns, which were all records when he retired.

He averaged 104.1 rushing yards per game, and is the only player in NFL history to average over 100 rushing yards per game for his career.

His 5.2 yards per rush is third-best among running backs. Brown was enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1971. He was named to the NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team, comprising the best players in NFL history. His number 32 jersey is retired by the Browns. Shortly after his football career, Brown became an actor, and had several leading roles throughout the 1970s.
    Gardawg wrote: »
    ****?

-0cfac8387d878025.JPG

This is a great catch .

It's also a great example for our youth ... "Here's how to make a punk-**** tackle."
    Nick Nikon wrote: »

James Nathaniel Brown (born February 17, 1936) is a former professional American football player and actor. He was a fullback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL) from 1957 through 1965.

Brown was a Pro Bowl invitee every season he was in the league, was recognized as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player three times, and won an NFL championship with the Browns in 1964. He led the league in rushing yards in eight out of his nine seasons, and by the time he retired, he had shattered most major rushing records.

In 2002, he was named by The Sporting News as the greatest professional football player ever.

Brown earned unanimous All-America honors playing college football at Syracuse University in New York, where he was an all-around player for the Syracuse Orangemen football team. He also excelled in basketball, track and field, and lacrosse. The football team later retired his number 44 jersey. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1995.

In his professional career, Brown carried the ball 2,359 times for 12,312 rushing yards and 106 touchdowns, which were all records when he retired.

He averaged 104.1 rushing yards per game, and is the only player in NFL history to average over 100 rushing yards per game for his career.

His 5.2 yards per rush is third-best among running backs. Brown was enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1971. He was named to the NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team, comprising the best players in NFL history. His number 32 jersey is retired by the Browns. Shortly after his football career, Brown became an actor, and had several leading roles throughout the 1970s.
    tl;dr don't care.

Yes, I know who Jim brown is. He was a great actor. I don't need a history lesson.

The athletes and game today are also much different.

Captain Todd Approves

• Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,009 Captain
    Nick Nikon wrote: »

You might want to check into some of Jim Brown's off the field activities. He was a dynamo.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file