New Fly Line

Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,543 Captain
In the market for new fly line for two of my rods. Anybody here used the Scientific Anglers Amplitude lines? If so how did you like them?

Replies

• sunflowersunflower Posts: 423 Deckhand
    I have them on a 12-weight, 10-weight, and an 8-weight. They are wonderful. They cast a mile, resist tangles,
    and are easier on your fingers than the sharkskin.
    Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,211 Captain
    I have the amplitude bonefish on a 5wt, grand slam on a 7wt. Jury is still out for me. At this point it's just another fly line as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't perform any better/worse than any other line I own. I usually get 4-6 months of daily use (on average) from a fly line before I start seeing cracking and delaminating issues. We'll see. SA made some bold claims about the amplitude, and I definitely have doubts.
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,561 Captain
    I've had pretty good results from Monics lines but put nowhere near the amount of time on the water that Bill does and also don't have the funds to buy and compare all the other line choices. But Bill does put fly gear through it's paces and will give an honest unbiased evaluation.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,211 Captain
    saltybum wrote: »
    I've had pretty good results from Monics lines but put nowhere near the amount of time on the water that Bill does and also don't have the funds to buy and compare all the other line choices. But Bill does put fly gear through it's paces and will give an honest unbiased evaluation.

Unbiased might be a stretch.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,543 Captain
    Thanks for the input guys

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file