People driving at dusk/dark with no headlights...

2»

Replies

• evernicevernic Posts: 722 Officer
    Believe its law in Florida, if it's raining and you're running wipers lights are required to be on. Also you can get a ticket driving in a rain with emergency flashers going. I also know a lot of old road courtesies have disappeared such as flashing brights from rear when passing another car to let them know your coming around and the car being passed would flash theirs to acknowledge. Today people don't use turn signals or common courtesies. Leave a few car lengths in front for safety and a moron or two will slide their car in there. I also get a kick out of the bumper stickers saying "watch out for motorcycles they're everywhere". That's so true, they're weaving in and out of traffic between vehicles going down the interstates and pulling past you on the right when you're in the right lane getting ready to make a right turn. The riders (not everyone) are often very careless.

both are laws lights on flashers off in the rain...it's NEVER enforced that's why nobody pays attention:mad
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 497 Deckhand
    SAENole wrote: »
    It's getting worse and it's rather dangerous. Seems to be mostly women with the vast majority driving Fords.

Discuss.

this is florida...

people drive with 4 way flashers on in the rain.... people drive vehicles with "day time running lights" - they forget about turning the lights on,so they have no tail lights...
    the lifted in the front only trucks - their lights will blind everyone.the amount of old junk people drive,with parts hanging off and in some cases,falling off,on the road in front of you...

these ****' are the least thing on the road to worry about,there's way more important things,like the people constantly texting,drinking,on drugs - the ****' that have no DL,no insurance and driving.then of course you have the left lane ****,driving 15mph below the speed limit,in the left lane - the illegals,driving landscape trucks pulling trailers in the left lane @ 25,in a 50 zone...
    there's the guys towing boats,with no tie down strap on the boat,on bunk trailers held together with duct tape,from rusting out,with no lights,wobbling wheels - from bad wheel bearings,these ****' are driving down the street at a snail's pace and then they wonder why the trailer disintegrates on the road,causing a huge accident...

lots to complain about when driving in florida....driving in florida - it's a contact sport
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,727 Admiral
    evernic wrote: »
    both are laws lights on flashers off in the rain...it's NEVER enforced that's why nobody pays attention:mad
    Probably because no officer wants to pull someone over and have to get out in a Florida downpour.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,459 Admiral
    I drove most of the way home last night(20 minutes) with no lights at around 1800 hours. Remote start warmed the truck up for 10 minutes. When I got in the dash light were on(Ram 3500). I assumed the headlights were on. Someone flashed their lights and I was good.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • evernicevernic Posts: 722 Officer
    mplspug wrote: »
    Probably because no officer wants to pull someone over and have to get out in a Florida downpour.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

this ^^^^^^^^^^^ BUT it's their JOB...:rotflmao
    2802 Trophy WA, 2x225Merc EFI's...sunk unamed storm 12-09looking for boat #10
  • BibBib Posts: 2,356 Captain
    I just want to know when getting in turning lanes is going to come back in style. 3 times last night in a 1 mile stretch someone stopped in the drive lane and pulled over in a 10' span to get into a turning lane right at the light/street to turn. Turning lanes are there for a reason. Why not use them?

I assume this lunacy will abate right around the monday after Easter, usually does

here in atlanta in stop/go traffic, the turn lanes are there so you can gain extra distance before barging your way back into traffic cutting other people off.

they'll also drive up the turn lane, cross the intersection and into the turn lane in the opposite direction, traveling another 1/4 mile or so before they force their way back in.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,421 Admiral
    Bib wrote: »
    here in atlanta in stop/go traffic, the turn lanes are there so you can gain extra distance before barging your way back into traffic cutting other people off.

they'll also drive up the turn lane, cross the intersection and into the turn lane in the opposite direction, traveling another 1/4 mile or so before they force their way back in.

I've driven through ATL going up to Tennessee and NC, and I don't know how anyone could handle that kind of traffic on a regular basis. Last time I went through there at 11pm on a Friday night, still pretty much rush hour traffic going 90mph everywhere. And it was misty raining so visibility was garbage.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file