BEYOND THE DRY TORTUGAS BANKS

1121314151618»

Replies

• HooganHoogan Martin Luther King Blvd. next to KFCPosts: 512 Officer
    People always ask me how much it costs " to go on those trips you go on"
    I break it down for them as follows:
    About $200-$235 for ea. 24 hrs of fishing in virtually unfished waters on a safe boat with great mates, best captain, top of the line in navigational and fish locating equip., your own bunk and rail spot, a/c, showers and great galley with shore prices. Never mind all the great friendships you build over the years. Never mind some of the fish you have a shot at in those waters are just not available elsewhere.
  • cameron sleepcameron sleep Posts: 427 Deckhand
    Totally love the Yankee Captains trips. I look forward all year, to "fish till I drop" freedom. The cost is very reasonable and the memories are priceless. I learn more on each trip than I would ever learn on my own and apply the techniques to fishing in my own boat. Each year has had different trophies to remember. Last year, a 50 pound king mackerel. Before, a 22 pound queen snapper and 28 pound golden tile. Twelve mutton snappers well over ten pounds each, all caught at one spot!!! It goes on and on. Greg has a quality operation and a strong drive to produce in abundance. Give it a try, you won't be sorry!
  • Yankee CaptsYankee Capts Posts: 752 Officer
    YankeeCapts2013-1.jpg
  • chicochico Posts: 496 Deckhand
    We have a lull in the reports!? Love reading them!!
    chico wrote: »
    We have a lull in the reports!? Love reading them!!

Yes we do. I haven't been to Pulley since the the first part of November. We have pushed further west and north. All reports are on my fish report page at www.yankeecapts.com.

Thanks

Greg
    YankeeCapts2013-1.jpg
  • dihrddihrd Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Me and a buddy are on the PR feb1. Hope the weather is doable. How much wind can your stand with that sock?

Steve
    Wind? All depends on the other conditions. I don’t have a set number. We don’t use a sea anchor deep dropping normally.
    YankeeCapts2013-1.jpg
  • TugasTugas Posts: 94 Greenhorn
    Heard you guys let’s even my uncle Hollywood get a big black they were biting so thick 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file