New Years Eve at Old Bahama Bay

Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,746 Admin
Twelve months and 13 trips later we finished the year exactly where we started, at Old Bahama Bay. When the in-laws came to town for Christmas down from the mountains of Blairsville Ga. We surprised them with a flight to Old Bahama Bay for New Years. What a great way to end the year with so many good friends in the West End, family and even forum member CNTDR (Jeff) showed up in his boat with Helen. In typical fashion I will just post a bunch of pictures to tell the story.

First day we made a stop at the Freeport True Value hardware store where I had the idea of buying a platform ladder for sight fishing Bonefish as I spend so much time on the island without a vessel. This idea really came together... well.

Longtime forum member RedfishCHUCK tied me some new flies to try out. I will be bringing him over on Feb 23 to Broadcast his Kayak Radio Show along with special guests Capt Alex and the pro staff from Jackson Kayaks for an extended stay. More on that promo later.

At the Resort we where greeted by Erika at the tiki bar and quickly got our first cold beverage then dashed over the to west side for sunset

Back to the resort for Dinner at Dockside and thoughts of catching Bonefish in the morning
Mark Wilson
AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg

Replies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file