Fish taco

Just wondering what toppings you use, or if it depends on the type of fish you are using

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,235 Captain
    finely shredded cabbage, and a crema sauce made with a mixture of mayo, sour cream, a spash of milk, a squeeze of lime, a squirt of sriracha sauce, some finely chopped cilantro and a little garlic mushed into a paste. If I have a decent avocado, I might slice some or make a chunky guacamole. I prefer the crispy beer battered fish tacos although now and then I will do a grilled version.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• newguy101newguy101 Posts: 31 Deckhand
    conchydong wrote: »
    finely shredded cabbage, and a crema sauce made with a mixture of mayo, sour cream, a spash of milk, a squeeze of lime, a squirt of sriracha sauce, some finely chopped cilantro and a little garlic mushed into a paste. If I have a decent avocado, I might slice some or make a chunky guacamole. I prefer the crispy beer battered fish tacos although now and then I will do a grilled version.

That's what I'm looking for some fresh ideas. Sort of feel sometimes have got into a rut you know good but same o same o. Thanks
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,199 Admiral
    Finely shredded red or green cabbage sprinkled with a little white vinegar then drained, fried or grilled fish - I like them both. Warmed flour tortillas, remoulade (or similar sauce), shredded sharp cheddar, avocado slices, homemade pico de gallo.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 6,786 Admiral
    Blackened, grilled, or fried they're all different. Some i prefer corn tortillas some flour. But yea, shredded red cabbage, remoulade sauce, some times chili lime sauce, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, really depends on what i'm in the mood for.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 634 Officer

This, with a little fresh dill.
    I like grilled or light batter fried.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • grey2112grey2112 Posts: 76 Greenhorn

My wife does it almost exactly like this, using Crystal hot sauce instead of sriracha. She also makes her own pickled red onion to use as a condiment that really ups the "pop" of vinegar flavor and crunch.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,205 Admiral
    I don't get the whole cabbage thing. Save that for corned beef.

I like beer battered fish, chunky guac with tomatoes and onions, and a sauce I make out of sour cream, jalapeno and lime.

No cheese. Ever. Soft corn tortillas, lightly heated on the skillet. And of course the topper, which to my amazement has not been mentioned....CILANTRO!!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 6,786 Admiral
    try mixing mayo with sweet thai chili sauce. Makes an excellent sauce for fish tacos
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • jriverajrivera Posts: 160 Deckhand
    Fried or Grilled, cilantro lime sauce, white mexican cheese, cabbage, red pickled onions and some cholula hot sauce.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file