Hot water discharge

Is the water at discharge warmer than surrounding water since nuke plant shut down or is coal or oil replaced the warm water leaving plant?

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,353 Moderator
    I think warmer. Not the 80 degrees it used to be but heard they have to keep it warm enough for the manatee. ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • nicknick Posts: 4,472 Captain
    Maybe a degree or two.
  • 5weight5weight Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    We use to catch a lot of reds and sheephead over there when temps really dropped in Jan and Feb . Maybe the water depth will help make up for the difference of water temp from plant. I think I will try it if the wind ever quits blowing.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,353 Moderator
    5weight wrote: »
    We use to catch a lot of reds and sheephead over there when temps really dropped in Jan and Feb . Maybe the water depth will help make up for the difference of water temp from plant. I think I will try it if the wind ever quits blowing.

Yep , in it's day it was THE hot spot for winter fishing. Pun intended. :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
    That was a funny pun no pun intended
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,710 Captain
    Right now, we have a 3 hour average temp of 65*. Just starting up U1 coal unit today due to the impending winter front. U2 will be next in about 10 days. It will help the water temp some later on in the month.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,710 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »
    I think warmer. Not the 80 degrees it used to be but heard they have to keep it warm enough for the manatee. ?
    Not anymore.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    Thanks Dockside that's good info

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file