Grouper Run

I took my cousin out to the ledges SE of Dog Island yesterday, caught one keeper size gag on cut bait, nothing trolling. Lots of shorts and red snapper. Went out in very dense fog but calm seas, the fog lifted for a while to reveal a number of boats out (we could hear them but not see 'em) taking advantage of the calm conditions and looming season end. The fog rolled back in as we were heading for the dock, thanks for GPS! The fog was so heavy at times it was disorientating and hard to concentrate. My Wyoming cousin is still enjoying the fact we can fish off shore a week before Christmas.

Replies

• greenbonegreenbone Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    that's the area I fished last Friday. How was the bite? It was pretty hot and heavy last week.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,089 Captain
    Good work Bob, glad y'all found some fish
    You should have been here yesterday
  • bbbbbb Posts: 957 Officer
    ferris1248 wrote: »

Is the season over the end of the month?

Yes. December 31st.

I Hope to get out 1 more time.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,094 Admiral
    great to hear you are getting out. Someday we will make it back.:thumbsup
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,491 Officer
    Nothing I hate more than being on the hook in the fog and hearing boats coming towards you.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,183 AG
    LiveLine wrote: »
    Nothing I hate more than being on the hook in the fog and hearing boats coming towards you.

I agree!

It gets like that on the lake at times and I don't care how well you know it you will get turned around without a GPS.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • BayBobBayBob Posts: 689 Officer
    We had one large center console come up on us and we could hear it slow down long before we could see it. It had radar a saw us long before we could see them but it made for some anxious moments. The biggest problem I had was the fog was so thick that my glasses were useless and tough for me to see much of anything, especially the GPS. Getting old ain't for sissies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file