Fishing with someone who has a foodstamp card...

Cathy977Cathy977 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
I fish now and then on a pier with someone who is on food stamps. They said they don't need a license for saltwater. Is this true and what else if anything do they need?

Replies

• Cathy977Cathy977 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Are you allowed to fish of the docks at the Marina in Sarasota?
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,025 AG
    How old are they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,432 Captain
    There is a "welfare" exemption for people on food stamps as long as they fish from the shore. Your friend is correct. Having said that, most piers have a license that covers everyone on the pier.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• repairrepair Posts: 202 Deckhand
    I don,t have a license for fishing but I,m over 65 and pier fishing as long as it,s a public pier and properly licensed you don,t need one either same rules for a party boat
    I have to admit I am a FISHAHOLIC.
    viet vet usaf 71-75
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 373 Deckhand
    I think, technically, that he still needs to possess a license, but he can get it at no cost if his income is low enough.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,622 Captain
    The person on question does not need to possess a license, but does need to possess the food stamp card in his/her name and ID to prove its their card
  • SizuperSizuper Posts: 293 Deckhand
    Most disadvantaged groups are exempt from fishing licenses.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file