FIRST TIME CRAPPIE FISHING!!

I met a guy who strictly crappie fishes year round.. doesn't care for bass just wants to catch as much crappie as he can. Apparently crappie fishing is turning into a competitive sport like bass fishing with major tournament trails now... i had no clue. Anyways, I had never crappie fished before yesterday and wanted to give it a shot to see what its all about.. I had a blast and now I need to invest in crappie fishing tackle I think i found a new hobby :rotflmao

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie Posts: 9,036 Moderator
    I've seen those guys fishing tournaments while I was bass fishing. They are pretty serious.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 353 Deckhand
    Right there is a great way to get into fly fishing. Ready to fish el cheapo 5wt rig and you'll have a blast.
  • thetotaloutdoorsmanthetotaloutdoorsman Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    a zebco dock demon ultra light spinning reel and ugly stick gx2 with spinning reel are the way to go for tackle. Johnson spinner baits in black work great. a owner size 8 mosquito hooks are best for live bait. nothing but a hook with worm, no bobber no weight, is the go to rig. you have to cast it like your fly fishing but is easier then you think. crappie fishing makes for lots of fun.
  • Bigslab11Bigslab11 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    sure had a blast this day!!!
  • gambler69gambler69 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    what lake was that on?
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Officer
    I appreciate folks who know Crappie fishing who let me come along for the ride. The first few times I Crappie fished I didn't do very well. Like a lot of things there is a learning curve.

Cool that you got to have some fun with that fish. :USA:fishing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file