11-15 flounder trout red and stone crab

Launced the boat at dusk and caught a red and then headed south to gig some flounder and to scoop up a few stone crab. Then we finished the night with some dock light trout. We had much success, the big flounder is 7lbs, and we probably caught and released 20 trout, but kept 3. Good eating for the next week or so.

PB150087.jpg
PB160093.jpg
PB160102.jpg

Replies

• FlatheadfishermanFlatheadfisherman Posts: 799 Officer
    Nice mess of fish.
  • SeaAnchorSeaAnchor Posts: 254 Officer
    Are there Stone Crab up here? I was told a while ago that there are from a guy in Charleston, but I tht he was bs'ing me.

Are you guys holding out on a secret? ****?
    crowder-1.gif
  • wally910wally910 Posts: 226 Officer
    There are definitely stone crab here. I know a guy who catches tons of them in Fernandina.
  • catfishincatfishin Posts: 976 Officer
    Been getting quite a few in the blue crab traps lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reefdonkeyreefdonkey Posts: 84 Deckhand
    Are you aloud to keep trout right now? For some reason i thought they were outta season... If someone knows for sure the answer to ths please fill me in cuz i been throwing them back all november! How dumb!:cookoo Oh well if they are fair game i will make up for it as soon as this wind lays down...

By the way, nice fish!
  • GregHGregH Posts: 241 Deckhand
    reefdonkey wrote: »
    Are you aloud to keep trout right now? For some reason i thought they were outta season... If someone knows for sure the answer to ths please fill me in cuz i been throwing them back all november!

Closed season had been the month of February. Now there is NOT a closed season.
  • GregHGregH Posts: 241 Deckhand
    Nice grand slam there!
  • reefdonkeyreefdonkey Posts: 84 Deckhand
    "now there is not a closed season" :banghead

I'm so ****. I guess its better to be safe then sorry. I don't even know why i thought that??? I'm filling the box sunday... (with no more than our limit ofcourse)
    I guess while i'm confessing my ignorance can someone explain how to quote a text on the forum. I cant figure it out and my quotes are lame compared to everyone else's. Thanks for an educational day on fla sportsman.com
  • reefdonkey wrote: »
    "now there is not a closed season" :banghead

I'm so ****. I guess its better to be safe then sorry. I don't even know why i thought that??? I'm filling the box sunday... (with no more than our limit ofcourse)
    I guess while i'm confessing my ignorance can someone explain how to quote a text on the forum. I cant figure it out and my quotes are lame compared to everyone else's. Thanks for an educational day on fla sportsman.com

Yes at the bottom of the post you want to quote there is a button that says "reply with quote". U click that and do exactly that or this.

As far as stone crab, there are plenty in N Fla, and trout are not closed in the N east in nov. only in S Fla, until the new law where there is no closed season, but that is not til 2-1-12
  • ChippyDieselChippyDiesel Posts: 457 Officer
    Trout season is open year round as a new rule, along with new redfish regulation starting in Feb 2012 which increases the bag to 2 per person per day. GO NUTS!!
  • Knot2WorryKnot2Worry Posts: 155 Officer
    :thumbsup
    Capt. of "Knot 2 Worry Fishing Team"
    24' CC Hydra-Sport w/ t-150 Yahamas
  • reelhookerreelhooker Posts: 644 Officer
    We use to catch the stone crab near the dames point bridge a lot and near the little jetties. We saw a guy a few years ago getting some and he did not know to get just a single claw, and he got busted and fined pretty hefty. We constantly got our traps stolen. I am not sure if we were in someones area, or if people were just being a**holes. After four traps got stolen within a matter of a 24-48hr soak, it was quitting time for me.
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Officer
    I've had several nice traps stolen by the little jetties too.. Sucks, they were nice ones and not real cheap...
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,691 Admin
    Way to Go Guys. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • arunramarunram Posts: 1,628 Officer
    Knot2Worry wrote: »
    :thumbsup
    reelhooker wrote: »
    We use to catch the stone crab near the dames point bridge a lot and near the little jetties. We saw a guy a few years ago getting some and he did not know to get just a single claw, and he got busted and fined pretty hefty. We constantly got our traps stolen. I am not sure if we were in someones area, or if people were just being a**holes. After four traps got stolen within a matter of a 24-48hr soak, it was quitting time for me.
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    I've had several nice traps stolen by the little jetties too.. Sucks, they were nice ones and not real cheap...
    FS Blair wrote: »
    Way to Go Guys. Happy Thanksgiving.

I hope you all know this is an year old report that got bumped by Knot2Worry for whatever reason!

Arun.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,019 Admiral
    That's funny....FS even bumped it to the roller on the NE home page....:rotflmao

Nothing like putting a sexy young lady on the report to bump it back to the top...even if it is a year old....:grin

...but it's all good in my book...
  • arunramarunram Posts: 1,628 Officer
    Sea Snake wrote: »
    That's funny....FS even bumped it to the roller on the NE home page....:rotflmao

Nothing like putting a sexy young lady on the report to bump it back to the top...even if it is a year old....:grin

...but it's all good in my book...

Not that I complain :). Everyone needs to look at something easy on the eyes once in a while at work!

But just can't comprehend how FS wouldn't even look at the report date and stuff before they throw it on the front page. Looks like the person Incharge to do this was not paying attention to the date and only staring the person holding the fish. Can't blame him though ;).

Arun.
  • Knot2WorryKnot2Worry Posts: 155 Officer
    arunram wrote: »
    I hope you all know this is an year old report that got bumped by Knot2Worry for whatever reason!

Arun.

Arun, so what's your point on making ALL BOLD type with exclamation point?

If you must know my logic, I was going back to last year's reports to compare fishing reports from then and now, when I came across a post with a lady angler showing her nice flounder catch. What's the problem with "bumping" it back to the top? Is there something that I should know about "bumping" or is this just "striking a cord" with you? :huh

Brien
    Capt. of "Knot 2 Worry Fishing Team"
    24' CC Hydra-Sport w/ t-150 Yahamas

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file