Post storm mullet run reports?

• ReelHazardReelHazard Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    9/23 - Lots of mullet in little mud creek and bear point. Tarpon and jacks were there.
    9/24 - Good amounts, but not the big schools, east of Munyon island. All I saw were jacks chasing them and they were aggressive.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Finger mullet were thick yesterday near lake park
  • SnookMan772SnookMan772 Posts: 646 Officer
    Solid just outside Jupiter Inlet to the south. Just good luck with the swell. Saw them while I was surfing.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 493 Deckhand
    Spent quite a bit of time looking around Hillsboro and boca even further south. Nothing.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,840 Captain
    I took a look around LWI today. I didn't see any mullet, but I did see a few ballyhoo getting chased by bigger fish. A bunch of small crabs were around. Muddy water went waaaaaayyyyyy the heck out there.

I was looking around mid day, so that might not have been the absolute best time to find the little guys popping up on the surface.

Later in the afternoon, I saw a large pink square-nose skiff with a white outboard, capsized on the beach just north of the inlet. I think that may have been the commercial mullet guy that has been working the area lately. I thought that I saw that boat driving around in the ICW earlier in the day. The motor looked pretty shiny at that time. I feel bad for the guy loosing his equipment that way. I hope he's OK.

Some of the boats that Irma wrecked have moved around again in the last few days. If you go out there, keep your eyes open.
  • Fishin' MusicianFishin' Musician Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Stopped by Juno beach, Juno Pier and Jupiter inlet late this morning. Tide just starting to come in. Saw just one very small school of mullet in the inlet. Water looked like bad coffee! Guys at the end of jetty had a few bluefish and jacks.
    No mullet schools at the pier or the beach.
    9/30 - Found them just north of the Cato bridge. Went out the inlet to look around the beach but didn't see much going on from blowing rocks to the pier.
    10/1 - Took about an hour to find but found a big school at the north fork.
  • rivamunstasteverivamunstasteve Posts: 493 Deckhand
    Depressing mullet run (at least by the beach). Caught first bluefish of season today. Anyone hearing anything going on up north still?
  • Fishin' MusicianFishin' Musician Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Little more going on at Jupiter inlet this AM.
    Tide coming in with lots of finger and some larger mullet throughout the inlet.
    Guys at the end of jetty getting some jacks and small bluefish.
    Medium size tarpon busting on the school of bait in the middle of the inlet.
    Saw some small reds caught and released off the sea wall.
    Water is looking better, but still pretty sandy.
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Some fingers around Lake Park early this morning. Someone spilled some diesel there before we returned this afternoon though and it was pretty nasty in there. . .
    Fished in Fort Pierce last Saturday and there were plenty of fingers by the spoil islands. Did hear of a big pod outside the inlet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file