Vilano boat ramp

Is the ramp still intact and functioning? Was looking to go out tomorrow and float around for a bit in the morning. How about any of the other ramps? Anyone see/know of any damage to local ramps? Thanks!! D

Replies

• big baitbig bait Posts: 378 Deckhand
    the ramp is usable, however there are no docks to tie up to so you will need 2 people to launch.
  • The MidgeThe Midge Posts: 454 Deckhand
    10-4. Thanks for the update. Will wait until I have a second mate to go I suppose. Thanks guys.
  • moomoo Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    The entrance to the ramp is blocked with barricades. Completely shut down. Know idea when it will be back in operation.
  • bluewater352bluewater352 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    How about the lighthouse ramp?
  • DittonDitton Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    Ramp was open yesterday. Looked like one of docks was open for tie up. Looks like they pulled an old sailboat from the bottom and set it by the ramp also
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 443 Deckhand
    Friday vilano was closed but lighthouse was open....they were working a big dredge by lighthouse but hopefully they wont have to close the ramp.
    we need more internet money
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,185 Officer
    Need to get that dredge to Vilano!!
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,389 Captain
    Lighthouse was open yesterday. Some big Border Control boats were moving sections of destroyed dock from Conch House (I assume) to the north side of the Lighthouse ramp dock...so at some point I guess those sections will be craned/barged off somewhere, which might block the ramp again. Also, some sections of the ramp dock have large SS bolts shaken out of place which could damage boats being tied to the dock.
  • bluewater352bluewater352 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Thanks for the update! That helps!
  • hmmngwyhmmngwy Posts: 148 Deckhand
    Launched from Vilano this morning. East side of the ramp and dock is open.
    Half of Vilano ramp is currently open. Could probably launch two at a time. The Floating docks are available for use.
    I haven't been out yet so I can't speak to the depth of the channel.
  • hmmngwyhmmngwy Posts: 148 Deckhand
    moo wrote: »
    Half of Vilano ramp is currently open. Could probably launch two at a time. The Floating docks are available for use.
    I haven't been out yet so I can't speak to the depth of the channel.

I was in a skinny flats skiff and of course we haven't had a normal low tide in a while, but I think it will be pretty sketchy for a lot of boats when we do see see things return to normal tides.
  • shallowvshallowv Posts: 112 Deckhand
    I went out yesterday, everything seems just the way it was before. Hug the rocks and all is good.
    They have started excavating the channel today. I didn't check to see if this is the dredging project or just some emergency measures. Either way it should be better than it was. The west half of the parking area is being used for dewatering of the dredge material.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,389 Captain
    Yeah, you can smell the parking lot now!
  • Tstrat95Tstrat95 Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    We launched at this ramp for our first time yesterday. We asked the bait shop man for some advice on navigating the channel and he said hug the rocks. It worked good on the way out as it was one hour from high tide. On the way back in at almost low tide the dredge barge was in the mouth working. After waiting for his direction we stayed near the rocks and made it back without issue. Our boat is a 20' cc and drafts about 18" with 5 adults onboard. At high tide it was 5' and at low tide it was 3'.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file