Which sonar hub

Vinny lVinny l Posts: 282 Deckhand
Sonar hub
This may not be the right formum but I'll ask anyway, how many of you guys or, does anyone know, if adding a sonar hub to my Simrad in order to utilize at the same time both transducers, total scan and chirp worth the cost and effort? Is it going to enhance the picture or is it for convenience? In order for me to run both at the same time with the present configuration, both transducers plugged into the unit itself, I have to switch my echo to 200 MHz otherwise my structure screen says pause.
Second, if adding a hub would be advantageous, do I spend a little more for a 3D or go with a standard box so I can save money by utilizing the two existing transducers?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?248949-Sonar-hub#ixzz4r94AIfhx

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 647 Officer
    All right, I'm gonna give this a shot with my basic Simrad knowledge. You'd be better posting this in the Boating Forum, though, to be honest.

If you want to use your transducers, total scan and chirp at the same time, the hub is probably the easiest way to go, more for convenience than anything else. I believe if you do that, you'll be able to run your echo higher than 200 MHz, which is what you're going to want. And, if you're going to go that way, I would spend the extra money and get the 3D. But that may be just me.

Simrad makes a great machine and everything you are looking at doing is going to do nothing but help you find fish and be more effective on the water. The only other thing I would offer up is the Navionics+ chip. Besides the great bottom shots you're going to get from the transducers, the Navionics chip will totally enhance your screen to give you this kind of one-foot detail, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
  • Vinny lVinny l Posts: 282 Deckhand
    Thank you Mike,
    I was thinking about going to the 3-D but that means I would have to change my ts transducer. The boat is brand new, I picked it up in February. I have 150 hours on it and I hate to throw away the spent money on the transducer. I think what I'll do As per your suggestion is get the Navionics chip for the NE, it definitely gives greater contour detail then the preprogrammed maps.
    Thanks for the input.
    Platinum??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file