Intracoastal Fishing in Delray

p914p914 Posts: 480 Deckhand
I was going to go along the Intracoastal in Delray by some public launches and docks. I heard tarpon and snook cruise through. Any other fish I can target or advice on what runs through there along with technique or baits?
Thanks in advance!

Eddie

Replies

• GregHGregH Posts: 241 Deckhand
    Should be plenty of trout as well.

Soft plastic on a jig head - can't ever go wrong with that.
  • p914p914 Posts: 480 Deckhand
    Thanks Greg, True dat! I didn't think about the spex.
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    No trout in Delray Beach. our intracoastal is kind of a big canal, not like the Indian River area. They're out of season down south anyway.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
    Good to know Bugdoc. I also thought about kayaking around the Intracoastal. Any tips there? I just moved back to Florida after being away for many years. I'm originally from Orlando.
    Thanks
  • landlubberlandlubber Posts: 315 Deckhand
    The Lake Worth spillway and Boynton spillways are known for producing snook. I've never fished them yet. In Boynton the public ramps north of Boynton Beach Blvd. can hold snook, cudas and jacks. Work the private docks north of the public ramp. The Boynton Inlet is straight across the intracoastal there so again a kayak opens up worlds of opportunities. I don't know any spots specific to Delray.
    Great info Landlubber. I'll probably give those a try.:hail
  • bugdocbugdoc Posts: 421 Officer
    I was actually fishing the Boynton inlet area Sunday- nothing but jacks. Others reported some Spanish macs earlier in the week.
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info
    I may launch my yak just above the Boynton canal at the park and paddle down for some snook if they open the flood gates, even if they don't :grin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file