Beer review

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,306 Captain
I haven't posted a beer review lately.
But since I have had countless requests for another review.....I relented
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UEFgGr4fAs
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

Replies

• mjnmjn Posts: 1,529 Captain
    That's not how this works.
    gammisun.jpgxxSearchEngineFail.jpg
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,101 Admiral
    Mindya, are you trying to lure that Rock_Fish guy back here with posts like this?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 454 Deckhand
    I've reviewed many beers. I like it.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,008 AG
    I am close to 450 now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,306 Captain
    Limey wrote: »
    I've reviewed many beers. I like it.
    Like what? Helium beer or the review?
    I have tried nitrogen beer.
    Guinness has one.....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
    Flash wrote: »
    I am close to 450 now
    It's a great time to be a beer drinker....is it not?
    I'm not keeping score, but I've tried a lot.
    I've decided, it's very subjective. I don't understand many beers. Beer has been around for thousands of years. It's one of mankinds original art forms......self expression, almost as old as hieroglyphics.
    Yes it is, but there is much crap out there also. Wife and I taste test and I keep a running tab on our opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,448 Admiral
    I still return back to my PBR.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
    I've tried many many hundreds it still blows my mind that 75% of them are completely awful. Some are really good and it's still worth the time to try.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,924 Captain
    mustang190 wrote: »

Me too, that was the shi+t in Ohio... You did NOT drink Budweiser unless you made a trip to Texas, worked in the oil fields and came back home...
    I would actually like to know what is a good beer now ?
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Me too, that was the shi+t in Ohio... You did NOT drink Budweiser unless you made a trip to Texas, worked in the oil fields and came back home...

We tried the PBR a while back for a lark and found both of us enjoyed it. As to good beer, well that depends on your taste for sure. We both enjoy Blue Moon and Shock Top. When we got a bit more to spend Brooklyn Brown Ale, Drop Top Amber, Maudite Ale, Shiner Bock, Prankster Belgian Style Ale and Barrel Trolley Amber have been some of our favs. Our go too at the local Billiard Hall (they do not have a lot of choices) is always Amberbock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JWTJWT Posts: 299 Deckhand
    been liking the IPA's lately. Dogfishhead 60 minute is the current go to.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 25,914 AG
    Heatwave wrote: »

Ohio, Little Kings Cream Ale.....hmmmm
    Vote for the other candidate
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,235 Captain
    I grew up drinking Bud from 16 to 36 and then made the switch to Heineken. I drink it exclusively except on the boat then it is Busch light in the can.
    If I go to a ethnic restaurant, I will drink a beer to match the food, like a Modelo Negra, Sapporo, Fosters, Newcastle etc. but at home I stick to the tried and true as I do not get headaches or feel bad the next day after drinking Heineken. No matter mow many it is. It works for me.
    I am glad that you all have many fancy beers to choose from now days, but for me, no thanks.
    Same with wine. I like a good glass now and then with a steak, but am not really into all of the fancy wines. My first wife was into it and I had to go through the motions with her and did the Napa/Sonoma and French vineyard tours. Fun but not too thrilling for me. I did enjoy visiting many of the whisky distilleries in Scotland though!

Bottoms up!

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

From Heineken to Busch lite, now that is a change! Lol
    But I get your point.
    A lot of the ipa beers are pretty bad especially when they have to flavor them.
    conchydong wrote: »
    I grew up drinking Bud from 16 to 36 and then made the switch to Heineken. I drink it exclusively except on the boat then it is Busch light in the can.
    If I go to a ethnic restaurant, I will drink a beer to match the food, like a Modelo Negra, Sapporo, Fosters, Newcastle etc. but at home I stick to the tried and true as I do not get headaches or feel bad the next day after drinking Heineken. No matter mow many it is. It works for me.
    I am glad that you all have many fancy beers to choose from now days, but for me, no thanks.
    Same with wine. I like a good glass now and then with a steak, but am not really into all of the fancy wines. My first wife was into it and I had to go through the motions with her and did the Napa/Sonoma and French vineyard tours. Fun but not too thrilling for me. I did enjoy visiting many of the whisky distilleries in Scotland though!

Bottoms up!

I picked up some Heineken the other day was remarking about how good it was. I got away from it with the hundreds of other choices.
    Its good beer. I find that area of Europe has it figured out. In America we got used to lower priced beer that was easily produced and distributed.
  • The VilleThe Ville Posts: 451 Deckhand
    mustang190 wrote: »

Wow you were born without a tongue huh?
    It's not my job to provide your education look it up yourself!
    Use to drink Schlitz and Falstaff too! And Rainer.
  • FishshrimpsnorkelFishshrimpsnorkel Posts: 1,350 Officer
    1. Little Kings (available at my local Hayesville Ingles Grocery)
    2. Yuengling Lager
    3. EZ PZ Blonde (Belgian-style draft)- Hayesville Brewing Co.

Late fall I'll have an occasional doppelbock: Spaten Optimator.
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 535 Officer
    PBR is very good. We used to go to this small restaurant a number of years ago and get foster oil cans for 1.85. That and a big plate of nachos and leave with a tab that was always around fifteen bucks with a good buzz to boot. Couldn't beat it for two people.
  • hotrailshotrails Posts: 429 Deckhand
    1. Little Kings (available at my local Hayesville Ingles Grocery)
    2. Yuengling Lager
    3. EZ PZ Blonde (Belgian-style draft)- Hayesville Brewing Co.

Late fall I'll have an occasional doppelbock: Spaten Optimator.

Will be up in Hayesville/ Hiawassee for couple days in late October for Wife leaf looking Down to Helen for Stop at Grist mill,then over to Mt Pisgah or Brevard for couple days

Great area,we use to Ride M/C up from Fl spend a few days at Hiawassee and then move over to Cruso (Waynesville),of course have to eat at GA Mtn Cafe and up to Dillard house , woud have moved there except for Winters
  • Bruce SBruce S Posts: 399 Deckhand
    Hard to find except in the UP.It's our deer camp beer, that and a keg of two hearted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bruce S wrote: »
    Hard to find except in the UP.It's our deer camp beer, that and a keg of two hearted.

Used to drink Blatz almost exclusively on UP trips. Ironically we would buy it in Illinois as Michigan adds $2.40 recycle fee to every case as well as being a couple of bucks more expensive before the recycle fee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file