Reel Time looking to do a Shrimping Show

Who out there has the shrimping dialed in, the when, where, how, etc. We'd like to have you fish with Capt George Gozdz in an episode of Reel Time Florida Sportsman. Who's game? Shoot me your contact info: blair@floridasportsman.com

Replies

• Celtic KnotsCeltic Knots Posts: 50 Deckhand
    Hollar in December-January you would be surprised what happens in Sebastian inlet.....
  • spiltnurgspiltnurg Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    [video=youtube_share;E4kkPvwn3lE]
  • capt louiecapt louie Posts: 9,036 Moderator
    End of this month I hear its on in Palatka. ..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Bud in FlaBud in Fla Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Capt Lee Noga - on FaceBook at the Fla Shrimping Academy and at her own site and she conducts training seminars on shrimping in Fla.

http://leenoga.com/
  • FS BlairFS Blair Posts: 1,691 Admin
    Good stuff....
  • gatorhookgatorhook Posts: 634 Officer
    Bud in Fla wrote: »
    Capt Lee Noga - on FaceBook at the Fla Shrimping Academy and at her own site and she conducts training seminars on shrimping in Fla.
    =QUOTE]

This woman thinks she's the shrimp master. She's nothing but a BS'ing opportunist. Not long ago she was trying to push a product that she was affiliated with, using scare tactics under bogus screen names didn't work out for her. Not to mention, she loves hearing herself talk.
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 883 Officer
    gatorhook wrote: »

This woman thinks she's the shrimp master. She's nothing but a BS'ing opportunist. Not long ago she was trying to push a product that she was affiliated with, using scare tactics under bogus screen names didn't work out for her.

I think its just a business strategy. Her Personality may be favorable/or unfavorable to people but she is just trying to run her business the best way she knows how. I'm understanding that she is just trying to make a living and help people shrimp. I've never had the opportunity to meet Capt. Lee Noga, but I don't believe she has ill intentions to hurt the active fisherman or shrimper. Remember Florida is one of the largest fishing industries in the world, and a $5 Billion dollar business here in our state. You will have plenty of options to shop for fishing materials, and spend hundreds on brands like yeti's, and costa's. Capt. Lee Noga is just trying to compete for your dollar, and if her selling techniques are not pleasing, then you have the right to shop somewhere else. That is the freedom you have, but I don't think its fair to be negative towards a company or seller when they have a passion for such an awesome sport/hobby/interest such as fishing or shrimping.
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif
  • AlleniAlleni Posts: 334 Officer
    If they're looking to do a central east shrimping show I suggest reposting closer to the season (Nov/Dec). I'd do Titusville or Oak Hill if time permitted.
  • crabbycrabby Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    I agree 100 percent with gatorhook.
  • a-salt-weapona-salt-weapon Posts: 202 Deckhand
    crabby wrote: »
    I agree 100 percent with gatorhook.

Yup, me too.
  • bluewater352bluewater352 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Definitely don't go with Lee Noga or any other Captain. Touch base with the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club. Tommy Thompson (who works for you) is a previous member and can hook you up with club leadership or you can contact them through the website. They are a nonprofit fishing club that has been around since the 60s and they actually are holding a shrimp class for club members, very soon. They do it every year.

If you are going to do it, you need a quality net with banding sewn in at the outer circumference. I use Ed Shumaker nets but I know Tim Wade makes good ones too. Don't go with foreign made crap.

Let me know if you can't get ahold of someone in the club leadership. I think it would make a cool show if did something on the club.
  • LivinTheDreamPCLivinTheDreamPC Posts: 178 Deckhand
    Q: Anybody have any good leads on shrimping? (Reason for the post)
    A: (x5) Whatever you do.... dont you dare go to so and so and this and that. Whatever you do. Dont go to this person.

Q: Ok trying this again anyone have any referrals for shrimping information?
    A: Answer.... No we dont have any shrimping referrals. We are just gonna trash the referrals that other people mention.

Its hard to even follow this forum anymore. Now a days when someone asks for advice, you have a dozen expert fisherman telling them a hundred things not to do and not to do it with. Not so many offer a solution or an alternative or an uptake. Sad. Think about it. This guy didnt ask the forum who "not" to go shrimping with. He asked "who" to go shrimping with. Maybe take a look at that.,...
    Not trying to trash referrals... I thought the show was about average everyday fishermen posting on this forum? The club I mentioned is everyday people who enjoy fishing and sharing knowledge, not a captain trying to sell business. That's what I was trying to say. Nothing against Lee Noga.
    Alleni wrote: »
    If they're looking to do a central east shrimping show I suggest reposting closer to the season (Nov/Dec). I'd do Titusville or Oak Hill if time permitted.

Unfortunately in order to shoot in Nov/Dec we need to begin lining up trips now. Shoot me your contact info along with a few links to posts you've made in the past.
    Not trying to trash referrals... I thought the show was about average everyday fishermen posting on this forum? The club I mentioned is everyday people who enjoy fishing and sharing knowledge, not a captain trying to sell business. That's what I was trying to say. Nothing against Lee Noga.

RTFS is about the average angler and fishing their bite, but there are times where we want to fish with the best in order to introduce a technique that others can learn from. Speaking of which we've opened up dialogue with the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club for this and potential other shows.

Thanks for the input.
  • crabbycrabby Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Reel Time Florida Sportsman is the best!!! Thanks for your interest in our local shrimping.
    You're welcome. Thanks for the great TV show. Keeps me entertained when the weather keeps me off the water.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file