Palm Valley Lately

Haven't been in a few weeks. Taking my 7 and 3 year old girls in the morning and was wondering how it has been lately.

Replies

• PBRn7.62PBRn7.62 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    I’ve fished the valley almost every weekend for the past year. Still learning it but always do best mid-outgoing to low tide, which this weekend is just the opposite in the am. Last couple weekends have been ok, but not great. 1 or 2 slots, lots of rats under 10" and at least 1 keeper but small flounder each time.
    Mud minnows are best if they have them, plenty of finger mullet seem to be 2nd best if you want to throw the net. A lot of shrimp out there in the creeks the past couple weeks but they've been pretty small.
  • JgebbJgebb Posts: 125 Deckhand
    We went and the girls stayed busy until about 9:15 with snapper, ladyfish, and small trout. I caught a keeper triple tail on a chunk of ladyfish. What a surprise.
  • PBRn7.62PBRn7.62 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Fished the outgoing yesterday afternoon. No mud minnows at the bait shop so we tried netting some mullet but they were even sparse. Water was the warmest i have seen in the creeks, 92degrees... managed 1 flounder, then 1 nice just above slot red off blue crab right before sunset
  • TrapperTrapper Posts: 257 Deckhand
    That's right ladies and gents...cut ladyfish caught a beautiful TT! I saw the pic and couldnt believe it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file