Big Snakehead 7/9

Caught this tank yesterday while fishing in western Broward. Fish was caught on an 8 inch zoom lizard and weighed 12.5 lbs!0831aa708c83e5fb38f5f5efcbc25ce7.pnge2d6998432e6d028c0359c94ffafcc18.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 883 Officer
    Almost looks like a cobia the way your son is holding it!
    I hear they are very good eating.
  • T - L U VT - L U V Posts: 187 Officer
    Almost looks like a cobia the way your son is holding it!
    I hear they are very good eating.

Yes I had a lot of people tell me that and yes they are very good eating. I have been eating fresh and saltwater fish for 40 years and these are one of my favorite.

• MuskiemanNCMuskiemanNC Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Is that a northern snakehead?

Nice fish
    Is that a northern snakehead?

Nice fish

Bullseye snakehead

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 883 Officer
    T - L U V wrote: »
    Yes I had a lot of people tell me that and yes they are very good eating. I have been eating fresh and saltwater fish for 40 years and these are one of my favorite.

Going to have to try that. ... only fresh water fish I target for food is crappie.
    Going to have to try that. ... only fresh water fish I target for food is crappie.

Yes before these came along that's the only fish that I would eat would be the Crappie or catfish. I have had snakehead baked and they are very good but I prefer a piece of fried fish and the snakehead is amazingly white meat. If you get The chance to try a piece of fried snake head, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

• GotBass?GotBass? Posts: 202 Deckhand
    That's a beast of a snakehead!!! One of the biggest,if not the biggest I've seen. Wonder what the length was?
    GotBass? wrote: »
    That's a beast of a snakehead!!! One of the biggest,if not the biggest I've seen. Wonder what the length was?

That fish was 39 inches

• sandwashsluggersandwashslugger Posts: 235 Officer
    Biggest one I've seen in quite a while. Seems like a lot of them were wiped off the map from killing tournaments
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,057 Moderator
    Nice !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 680 Officer
    Thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
  • gnappignappi Posts: 55 Deckhand
    There are PLENTY of big SH in Broward, and YES they are good eating. I said this in another thread, but the flesh is firm GREAT for grilling, no special fish grill doodads are necessary just flip it on the barbie.
    Regards,

Gary
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,181 Officer
    Fishing while on the job wait till i call
    your boss.:nono Nice fish Sean!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file