Whats biting at West End

Mallory09Mallory09 Posts: 40 Greenhorn
Were heading over to West End on June 3rd for a week. Just wandering if anyone is catching any dolphin and wahoo right now. Thanks for any updates.

Team Ledge Hooker

• bluechipbluechip Posts: 166 Deckhand
    Was over last week. Lots of dolphin and wahoo under flotsam, all south of west end. Caught some off gingerbreads, and then lots of action (including some free jumping blues) about 15 due south of west end
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,672 Admin
    Also some very nice YFT south of West End, actually in the channel.
    Mark Wilson
  • Reel MusselReel Mussel Posts: 193 Deckhand
    Sounds great, going over to Bootle Bay and the 31st to the 2nd, I will see if I can leave you a few Docked Wages... lol.

1. 1972 Glasstron Cuddy 21
    2. 1999 Cape Horn 17OS
    3. 2014  Cape Horn 19OS
    4. 2017 Cape Horn 24OS

• dzankdzank Posts: 249 Deckhand
    The "UpTick" crew is flying into West End and Bootle Bay on Saturday 5/20. We will certainly post a report after we return. We are scheduled in for five nights. Weather is supposed to improve on 5/21. We will see.
  • ThunkerThunker Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys. Mallory09 and I are taking the families for the first time and hope to make a favorable impression. LOL
  • HORSEDOCSHORSEDOCS Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Best bite in West End right now are the sand flies at dusk. Have never seen them as bad as they were a week ago. Drove us inside even though we were using repellant.
  • Mallory09Mallory09 Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    HORSEDOCS you werent kidding even a little bit about the no-see-ums, they were hateful. The weather was even more hateful. We were only able to leave the dock twice in a week due to all the storms. The two days we did get out were cut short because of weather. We did manage to shoot some nice hogs and land some good sized yellowtails. We cant wait for our next trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file