Bait Reports....?

Replies

• snookwhisperersnookwhisperer Posts: 222 Deckhand
    WOW, bait is all over the bay!! Out at the range marker at crb,:thumbsup 2 throws and time to go yesterday.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,953 Admiral
    Early isn't it?
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • cbcatchercbcatcher Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    it never left. the birds are going to be real fat this year!
    cbcatcher wrote: »
    it never left. the birds are going to be real fat this year!

I remember fishing last April/May in the ditch, there was a 1/2 mile long stretch of bait. Glorious
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • capt.natecapt.nate Posts: 2,359 Officer
    http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things I’d do differently, but, oh yeah, I’d still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford
    sig%20pic%20yamaha_zps9bj5fb89.png
    Should be showing up more and more now. I don't know why i volunteered to work the next 2 saturdays....
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 918 Officer
    Plenty of bait out there today. Flats inside the bay had lots of whitebait and pinfish. John's Pass is loaded with threadfin and whitebait before sun up and glass minnows are very thick.
  • permit 22permit 22 Posts: 86 Greenhorn
    Any St Joe Sound bait reports?
  • sonofagunnsonofagunn Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    permit 22 wrote: »
    Any St Joe Sound bait reports?

I saw some bait inside 3 Rooker last weekend, close to the island on the inside.
  • szarmanszarman Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Howard Park was loaded with greenbacks. Three casts and I had to dump some out of the last throw so they would all fit in the livewells.
  • sonofagunnsonofagunn Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    szarman wrote: »
    Howard Park was loaded with greenbacks. Three casts and I had to dump some out of the last throw so they would all fit in the livewells.

Right out front, or by the causeway bridges?
    Hear some people are getting white bait on the flats around Cockroach Bay, any truth to it?
  • bordeauxbordeaux Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Sold my last boat in 2010, got a new skiff 3 weeks ago and can find bait anywhere of my old jaunts, was out at Cockroach last weekend and did not see a single boat throwing a net anywhere so would love to hear of bait being found around the cockroach area
    2017 Beavertail Skiff Mosquito
  • HondoHondo Posts: 50 Greenhorn
    The flats down around Port Manatee (South of CRB) are loaded. Cruise around the areas with potholes and once you see them, drop anchor/power pole and chum. You will be surrounded within 5 minutes and 2 throws of the net should fill the well for the day. Look for the pelicans, they will show you the way.
    Thank you kind sir
    We got a few on the flats around big pass, but most came from the range markers. got enough to fish with.
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Officer
    Only issue we had getting bait by the port was the monkey snot grass. We pulled in about 50lbs of it each throw.
    Are their any Johns Pass Bait reports?

Around the bridge or on the flats?

Whitebait or threadies??
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,864 Captain
    Fort Desoto Gulf Pier was LOADED on Sunday. Nice size white baits and some sardines smattered in...
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • EileenandBillEileenandBill Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Any bait around the flats by Anna Maria, heading over sat. for the week , really don't wanna run to the bridge or Ft. Desoto everyday.
  • sas0061sas0061 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    Any bait around the flats by Anna Maria, heading over sat. for the week , really don't wanna run to the bridge or Ft. Desoto everyday.

Didn't fish last weekend, but saw many boats anchored up at bulk head and key royale. If anyone else can confirm that they are still there, these spots hold many fish. Just find a nice pothole with sandy bottom at bulkhead and chum where the grass meets the pothole (3-6' depending on tide)...they'll come... good sized greenies with mixed in pins. About a 10:1 ratio of greenies to pins.

Tight Lines,
    SS
  • BonusCupBonusCup Posts: 43 Deckhand
    Any bait reports in the Clearwater area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,689 Captain
    Where has the bait gone in St Joseph Sound? My go to spot south of the causeway only produces 1 or 2 greenbacks every other throw. Nothing on the small bridge. Nothing on the beach or off the jetties. Even tried some spots behind Three Rooker that I had caught it before and nothing. All I'm seeing is small fry everywhere. Everyone I've talked to seems to be in the same predicament.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szarmanszarman Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Anclote tiki hut flat has been producing for me last couple weeks.
  • BW1199BW1199 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Anybody have a bait report for the Gandy area? Planning the maiden voyage on the new boat for Friday!
    I have not been out for 2 weeks but the last trip over by Weedon Island there was plenty of bait but 95 % were small it was a lot of throwing the net to get 3 dozen or so 3-4 inch bait which was awesome cause as soon as I cleaned up the net and boat the largest thunder boomer came over me and ruined my day
  • rockzillarockzilla Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Any reports out of Dunedin/Marker1/Clearwater area??
  • rockzillarockzilla Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    I can confirm that there is bait on the sand key flats. Chummed for 20 mins and had all I needed in 2 throws. Just wish I could have have found something to feed them to...other than short trout.
    Anybody seeing bait after the storm?
  • The flats by me are covered in mullet and ballyhoo 🤙🏼

Good Vibes & Perfect Tides

Check Out My Instagram For More
    @the.renegade.angler

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file