Prop issues resolved by amazing customer service

Guys,

I have been having prop issues on my new boat and as we all know that can be a very expensive proposition at $500 a piece.

Someone on here recommended a guy with a business named Prop God out of Sarasota Fl. I just want to say that Ken is super awesome. He is a tremendous wealth of knowledge when it comes to props and within minutes of talking had me narrowed down to two that would work. I tried them both and found the perfect blend of all I was looking for.

I just want to recognize a great service and a great guy Ken from Prop Gods. You could take your boat to the Sarasota area and he will let you try as many as you want at the place of your choice for $90 an hour or in my case I paid him $30 for shipping and he sent me both props to demo and I paid paid for the one I wanted and shipped the other back. You can't beat that deal.

Replies

• Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,107 Admiral
    Ken is good people............
  • Riptide31Riptide31 Posts: 463 Deckhand
    Ken has a great business
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,286 Captain
    I don't understand how you can buy a new boat and it's not propped right...I hear about it all the time
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,030 Officer
    I don't understand how you can buy a new boat and it's not propped right...I hear about it all the time

Ken is a good guy. Ryan, you would think so, especially on boats/motor combinations that are abundant. Those dealers should have those boats zeroed in. I know some dealers will get it propped right before leaving the shop. Maybe not so easy on boat/motor combinations that are relatively few and far between. That being said..........Got my 200's dialed in pretty good now. Dropped it off this morning for the 20 hour service and to raise the engines one hole higher.

CCordell, what boat/engine and prop did you go with?
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    ccordell wrote: »
    Guys,

I have been having prop issues on my new boat and as we all know that can be a very expensive proposition at $500 a piece.

Someone on here recommended a guy with a business named Prop God out of Sarasota Fl. I just want to say that Ken is super awesome. He is a tremendous wealth of knowledge when it comes to props and within minutes of talking had me narrowed down to two that would work. I tried them both and found the perfect blend of all I was looking for.

I just want to recognize a great service and a great guy Ken from Prop Gods. You could take your boat to the Sarasota area and he will let you try as many as you want at the place of your choice for $90 an hour or in my case I paid him $30 for shipping and he sent me both props to demo and I paid paid for the one I wanted and shipped the other back. You can't beat that deal.

You're welcome!! I have always seen prop gods recommended very highly so i figured ken would be able to help you out. glad to hear it worked out
  • ccordellccordell Posts: 240 Officer
    such a good recommendation thanks again, I just couldn't remember who it was
  • ccordellccordell Posts: 240 Officer
    Shel wrote: »
    Ken is a good guy. Ryan, you would think so, especially on boats/motor combinations that are abundant. Those dealers should have those boats zeroed in. I know some dealers will get it propped right before leaving the shop. Maybe not so easy on boat/motor combinations that are relatively few and far between. That being said..........Got my 200's dialed in pretty good now. Dropped it off this morning for the 20 hour service and to raise the engines one hole higher.

CCordell, what boat/engine and prop did you go with?

I was amazed that my prop wasn't correct. I bought a 17 that had 8hrs on it from an old guy who developed health issues. I assume he never got it anywhere near WOT so he had no idea. I knew immediately when I could only get 5100 rpms.

Shel

I had to go with a Mercury prop since all the Yamaha's were on back order. It came with a solas 19 x 15.25 and that is the diameter and pitch that yamaha had on the performance bulletin but apparently the Solas runs alot bigger than the yamaha prop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file