MAHI RECIPES

I'm looking for some Mahi recipes. caught some Saturday and looking for new ways to cook it.

Replies

• Lunch Money SurfLunch Money Surf Posts: 1,026 Officer
    Don't cook it - dolphin are GREAT in ceviche!

Dice it up small
    Add whatever veggies you dig (I'd recommend at least onion, green onion, cilantro, bell pepper and hot pepper)
    Good bit of salt
    Cover in fresh citrus juice: one quarter part lime, one quarter part lemon, half a part orange)

If the diced chunks are small it will be ready in an hour or so.
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,950 Captain
    One of my absolute favorite preps...Honey Smoked Lemon Marinate! Use olive oil, honey, 2-3 drops liquid smoke, juice of 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt, pepper....mix this and then marinate the fish in a ziplock bag for about 1 hour. Get the grill real hot and sear the fish for a few minutes and then flip and cook for a few more minutes. I probably make this 90 percent of the time for cooking mahi. There are lots of recipes but this just about does it for me!
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    When you just want to try something simple without messing around in the kitchen, try this.

I came across Newman's Own Key Lime Salad Dressing. I marinade the fillets in this stuff for a couple hours, throw right on the grill and squeeze fresh lime over it just as its finishing.

I am sure this is cheating as it's just too easy, but it is really good.

Did it with cobia recently, even better.
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • captainjtsmithcaptainjtsmith Posts: 56 Deckhand
    see CILANTRO PESTO under this forum
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,051 Moderator
    Ingredients:

2 lbs fish fillet (preferably a light fish such as dolphin, snapper, grouper, halibut)
    2 Tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 Cup softened margarine
    3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
    3 Tablespoons chopped green onion
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Tabasco to taste

Instructions:

Place fillets in a single layer greased baking platter and brush with lemon juice. Broil fillets about 4" from heat for 4-6 minutes until almost done. While fish is broiling, combine remaining ingredients. When fish is almost done, remove from heat and pour off liquid. Spread cheese mixture over fish and return to broiler 2-3 minutes until mixture is brown and bubbly. (Watch this closely)
    Note:
    (Fish can be baked covered at 350* for about 15 minutes instead of the initial broiling)
  • rwfishrwfish Posts: 240 Officer
    for fried mahi try dredging in ranch dressing before coating it. Another cheat- but sure is good!
  • BakerActedBakerActed Posts: 285 Deckhand
    The old stand by of blackening it is hard to beat. I usualy coat mine in olive oil then dust with seasoning (homemade, I use the one in the FS cookbook but have modified it over the years) and grill to your desired taste. If I'm in the mood for something a little less healthy I will cook it in a cast iron skillet with butter and make a bure blanc (white butter sauce). I like to have this with cheese grits and okra gumbo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file