Reck

1234568»

Replies

• rodzrodz Posts: 660 Officer
    :angel

When I saw the Yellow Jacket's win I thought there had to be something more to it . . . RIP Reck.

Prayers to family and friends.
  • Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,802 Captain
    It can't be coincidence that Tech pulled off the win.

RIP Reck :angel
  • Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,567 Captain

December 31, 2012

g0002580000000000002d8aaef214dc59f229bce89c349af981f7ea6968.jpg
    Delma Stanley ‘Buddy’ McCoy

The Moultrie Observer
    MOULTRIE — Delma Stanley ‘Buddy’ McCoy, 68, died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center.

Funeral services will be 11 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at First United Methodist Church. Interment will follow in Pinecrest Memory Gardens.

Born Jan. 11, 1944, in Berlin, he was the son of the late Delma S. McCoy and Myrtle Louise Goodin McCoy. He was a 1962 graduate of Moultrie High School and a 1967 graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology, with a degree in civil engineering. He was former city engineer of the City of Albany, was owner and president of McCoy Engineering and McCoy Realty, Inc., and was a broker with Browning Brass Key Realty. He attended Georgia Tech on a football scholarship and was a three year starter and letterman on Coach Bobby Dodd’s last three teams, playing in the Gator Bowl and the Orange Bowl. He was a member of Phi Delta Theta and named to their 1966 All American Team. He worked closely with Jim Fowler from Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom, while helping build Chehaw Wild Animal Park, and became the founding president of the Chehaw Wildlife Society. He was the published author of “A Walk On The Beach,” sharing his great love of the outdoors.

He was a member of the Colquitt County Sports Hall of Fame, served as president of the Albany Georgia Tech Alumni Club and was a state director of the American Public Works Association. He was a former Realtor of the Year and served as president of the Moultrie Board of Realtors.

He was preceded in death by one sister, Peggy Coleman.

Survivors include three daughters, Deborah McCoy Goss and husband Lane of Springfield, Va., Anna McCoy Miller and husband Keith of Leesburg, Ga., and Kristi Leigh McCoy of Denver, Colo.; one son, John Stanley McCoy of Moultrie; one sister, Patsy Browning and husband Bobby of Moultrie; three grandchildren, Marcus McCoy Miller, Lindsey Marie Goss and Matthew Lane Goss; and two nieces, Cheryl Nesbitt and Lisa Adcock.

The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m., today, Jan. 1, 2013, at Cobb Funeral Chapel.

Memorial contributions may be made to NAMI Albany/Moultrie, P.O. Box 72446, Albany, Ga., 31708 or the American Cancer Society: www.cancer.org.

Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.

Please leave condolences to the family at www.moultrieobserver.com.
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    Delma? :grin No wonder he went by Buddy. I wished I knew that earlier, I hate missed opportunities. I could have gotten some mileage out of that.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Does not mention a wife, and I never saw Buddy discussing one. Anyone know the story?
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »
    Does not mention a wife, and I never saw Buddy discussing one. Anyone know the story?

There was. He didn't mention it, so . . .
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    magot wrote: »
    There was. He didn't mention it, so . . .

I think I read on one of his posts or someone else's that he had kids when playing at GT, and that he lived in the married dorms. So married very young I s'pose.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Officer
    He had a couple of wives. One with whom he had the children, then another that didn't last. A lot of what he wrote about Tybee Island involved the second one, I think.

Sorry to hear of his death. Rest in Peace.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Coxster wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of his death.

Me too. I'm also sorry we've started to intrude into areas he didn't feel inclined to share. Knocking it off would be a good move.
  • lawaiaalawaiaa Posts: 1,266 Officer
    Me too. I'm also sorry we've started to intrude into areas he didn't feel compelled to share. Knocking it off would be a good move.

X2
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 10,997 AG
    Me too. I'm also sorry we've started to intrude into areas he didn't feel inclined to share. Knocking it off would be a good move.
    :Agree
    Fisherman.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • stringlestringle Posts: 462 Officer
    I remember the time Reck and JB got into a conversation about a particular snake...hehehe!
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Officer
    I would think we are not intruding in areas that he initially shared with his forum family, but that's just me.
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Officer
    They don't make em like Reck anymore. Love ya, Buddy
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,394 AG

December 31, 2012

g0002580000000000002d8aaef214dc59f229bce89c349af981f7ea6968.jpg
    Delma Stanley ‘Buddy’ McCoy

The Moultrie Observer
    MOULTRIE — Delma Stanley ‘Buddy’ McCoy, 68, died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center.

Funeral services will be 11 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013, at First United Methodist Church. Interment will follow in Pinecrest Memory Gardens.

Born Jan. 11, 1944, in Berlin, he was the son of the late Delma S. McCoy and Myrtle Louise Goodin McCoy. He was a 1962 graduate of Moultrie High School and a 1967 graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology, with a degree in civil engineering. He was former city engineer of the City of Albany, was owner and president of McCoy Engineering and McCoy Realty, Inc., and was a broker with Browning Brass Key Realty. He attended Georgia Tech on a football scholarship and was a three year starter and letterman on Coach Bobby Dodd’s last three teams, playing in the Gator Bowl and the Orange Bowl. He was a member of Phi Delta Theta and named to their 1966 All American Team. He worked closely with Jim Fowler from Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom, while helping build Chehaw Wild Animal Park, and became the founding president of the Chehaw Wildlife Society. He was the published author of “A Walk On The Beach,” sharing his great love of the outdoors.

He was a member of the Colquitt County Sports Hall of Fame, served as president of the Albany Georgia Tech Alumni Club and was a state director of the American Public Works Association. He was a former Realtor of the Year and served as president of the Moultrie Board of Realtors.

He was preceded in death by one sister, Peggy Coleman.

Survivors include three daughters, Deborah McCoy Goss and husband Lane of Springfield, Va., Anna McCoy Miller and husband Keith of Leesburg, Ga., and Kristi Leigh McCoy of Denver, Colo.; one son, John Stanley McCoy of Moultrie; one sister, Patsy Browning and husband Bobby of Moultrie; three grandchildren, Marcus McCoy Miller, Lindsey Marie Goss and Matthew Lane Goss; and two nieces, Cheryl Nesbitt and Lisa Adcock.

The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m., today, Jan. 1, 2013, at Cobb Funeral Chapel.

Memorial contributions may be made to NAMI Albany/Moultrie, P.O. Box 72446, Albany, Ga., 31708 or the American Cancer Society: www.cancer.org.

Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.

Please leave condolences to the family at www.moultrieobserver.com.

Holy cow. I believe I have seen him play. I think it was the 1966 Orange Bowl against UF when I was a runt. I did not know this, or would have asked him about it. Was the same game Florida running back Larry Smith ran a 90 something yard touchdown from scrimmage and nearly lost his pants before he crossed the goal line. It's a shame I'll never get to ask him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,471 Admiral
    RIP Reck

:angel
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • awatawat Posts: 450 Officer
    I have been out of touch with the internet camping for the last 6 days. Sad news to log on to start the new year. I'm so glad I decided to go to the bash at Rusty's and
    got to meet Reck and Magot and chat with them.
    Reck, you will be missed, RIP Buddy!!:angel
  • brentsumbrentsum Posts: 1,618 Officer
    RIP Buddy, maybe someday we can have a cutty together and you can tell more stories about coach Dodd!
  • BackyardAnglerBackyardAngler Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Fish on Reck. Thanks for the stories.
  • bangddockbangddock Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Having beer with Reck is something I've not crossed off my bucket-list; makes facing my casket a bit easier 'cause I still intend to do it! Hang-on just bit Buddy!
  • Angel fishAngel fish Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I haven't been here in a while but I had to say what an honor it was to know Reck.. he was funny, kind.. and despite his best efforts always a gentlemen. You will be missed my friend. <3
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 10,997 AG
    Marcie, I know he had an absolute blast at Gary's, He talked about it even up to a few months ago. :)
    Fisherman.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    I miss Reck. Buddy was a great man.

That is all.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,458 Admiral
    I do believe Reck's daughter came to town for the Tech home coming game last year.

My daughter was at the home coming game tonight. Tech 21 Pitt 10.

Rest easy Buddy.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    GT Fish wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear for your loss and our loss..Reck is a fine man..Go in peace ole buddy... :(

Dang GT. I hope you and Reck have ringside seats to the orange Bowl tonight. :angel

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer
    I stumbled across this post, realized he was a fellow "Tech Man", and found him in the Georgia Tech digital archives...

Hope you don't mind me sharing.

uac375_va4042_0758480c4c.jpg
    -
    Chris
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Ole Reck was a good man
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    Slopps08 wrote: »
    Ole Reck was a good man

One of kind.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
    One of kind.

Sure was and he still is

1234568»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file