Fishing out of PC in the spring

My 5 brothers and I will be coming down to PC again for a week of fishing in 2015. We usually have to wait till school is out before make the trip down but we don't have that restriction anymore. We like to fish, but we like to catch even more. What would be the best week(s) to come down there to put fish in the boat during April/May time frame? We usually fish out of PC and go to 8A and bottom fish. On nice days we go out about 20 miles where some of the head boats go. Pelican reef maybe? Can't remember the name. We hope to get into some trolling for some dolphin if we can find a temp break or a weedline not too far out. Thanks for the info!

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,502 AG
    Generally...later is better since wind can be an issue in April.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • tryacctryacc Posts: 339 Deckhand
    Hoping to see some replies i just moved down so not much help.
  • Savannah DanSavannah Dan Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Thanks Duck. It's looking like 2015 will be a repeat of 2014 weather wise. When does the offshore fishing start dropping off? Late June?
    Anyone else have any input? Looks like we may be coming down from 23 May - 30 May.
    Anyone else have any input? Looks like we may be coming down from 23 May - 30 May.

Other than the whole "memorial day weekend ramp fiasco" type thing...a good time to fish....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Yeah. LOL I had that discussion with my brothers. I generally make it a point to be no where near the coast, any coast, during a holiday. I also don't want to be on I95 that weekend, but it is shaping up to be the only week during that time frame that all of us can make it. We may travel Saturday, do church and grocery shoping on Sunday, and reserve space on a party boat on Monday. We'll see how it all shakes out.
    Go super early....return super late....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,714 Captain
    With that new ramp in the port i wouldn't think that part of it would be that bad..
    Is there a new ramp at the port? We have been using the one on Flounder street next to the bar/restaurant that now has the messed up parking and no bathroom because they are building a new cruise ship terminal (I think) there.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,197 Captain
    Is there a new ramp at the port? We have been using the one on Flounder street next to the bar/restaurant that now has the messed up parking and no bathroom because they are building a new cruise ship terminal (I think) there.

They moved the boat ramp East closer to open ocean just before you enter Jetty Park. Lost of new parking and boat wash down as well! Bait trailer in next to ramp. They did a great job on the new ramps.
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    They moved the boat ramp East closer to open ocean just before you enter Jetty Park. Lost of new parking and boat wash down as well! Bait trailer in next to ramp. They did a great job on the new ramps.

That sounds good, but I bet the people at the bar during happy hour miss poking fun at the people trying to retrieve their boats at the end of the day.
  • tryacctryacc Posts: 339 Deckhand
    That sounds good, but I bet the people at the bar during happy hour miss poking fun at the people trying to retrieve their boats at the end of the day.

I bet they do, it can be a hoot watch I must admit. The bait trailer owned by Fisherman's World will be expanding as I understand, they closed their original location in the middle of the port to consolidate down at the ramp. They will be building a real building there at the ramp. Trailer was getting full at the end of last week, it is nice to have bait/rods/reels/ice/tackle steps from the ramp! Picked up lure there Friday and it was the first one hit!
  • Settin_HooksSettin_Hooks Posts: 233 Officer
    It is a very nice ramp indeed, I was impressed. Plus now you can motor up right when you hit the corner!
    2006 Maverick Master Angler SOLD
    2016 Sea Hunt Gamefish 25
    Yeah, idling out from the old ramp did kind of suck unless baitfish were up in there and you could cast and get bait before getting past the jetties.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file