new go pro mount first try

After seeing jewfish7 videos and how still his camera sat I wanted to try to make something to do the same thing. I had some pvc laying aroung and came up with this. Its a little big and sinks pretty slow but overall worked well.
I used 100lb test then 120lb. coated wire to connect to the camera. If the zipties fail all I lose is the pvc. One thing I learned was to make sure you leave enough slack so that the rocking of the boat doesnt pull on it. Depth was just under 120ft. Video link is at the bottom.
1395769173_zps254a9fbe.jpg

http://youtu.be/tSl4bqhhnIg

Replies

• Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Nice...
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • Al_hmsAl_hms Posts: 200 Officer
    very cool, did you attach any bait or chum to the stand?
  • Sully TPASully TPA Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Nice hogfish at .38 seconds, should have brought your speargun
  • AsianBaitAsianBait Posts: 173 Officer
    You can always fill the legs with sand then cap them so it drops a little faster. Either way, you did a nice job with what you had to work with.
  • Al_hmsAl_hms Posts: 200 Officer
    You could also put a small float (like at the top of a seine net) a couple feet above the camera to hold the line up away from the camera
  • ~~Mutt~~~~Mutt~~ Posts: 478 Deckhand
    Is there a picture of jewfish7's setup anywhere ?? I like the PVC setup above somewhat.. If the legs got caught up on a reef..you could pull up with heavy test mono and the center with the camera will come up
  • AsianBaitAsianBait Posts: 173 Officer
    Jewfish has a video on his youtube channel showing how he made his with a chum bucket
  • jewfish7jewfish7 Posts: 517 Officer
    ~~Mutt~~ wrote: »
    Is there a picture of jewfish7's setup anywhere ?? I like the PVC setup above somewhat.. If the legs got caught up on a reef..you could pull up with heavy test mono and the center with the camera will come up
    [video=youtube_share;W4b0Gg9vuwo]
  • SouthshoreSlayerSouthshoreSlayer Posts: 408 Officer
    I made the jug one this past weekend from Jewfish's video above. It tipped over though :banghead
  • jewfish7jewfish7 Posts: 517 Officer
    Put more sand in the bottom of the jug then it will tend to want to stand up straight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file