Gheenoe Chronicles Short Video

Prhea36Prhea36 Posts: 75 Deckhand
A little quickie of a trip out on the Gheenoe to get get into some reds on fly. We did not leave empty handed!

Replies

• evergladeskid243evergladeskid243 Posts: 269 Officer
    awsome looking cheeky reels!
  • tarpon41tarpon41 Posts: 185 Deckhand
    Nice Boat work. Cheeky Reels have cheek...once upon a time they were northeast born in the USA. However, now the madmen delete all references to born in the USA...Accordingly, I assume it's just another 400 dollar offshore fly reel in which we are in short supply. Frankly, after recently hooking, fighting, and landing 20lb steelhead on dragless center pin 8 lb tippet below the Tippy dam and way back in me bygone era, pre-Abel 4N in Carib Camo, my largest Tarpon 100 plus on a busted Teton with no anti-reverse and a drag the size of a dime "O" ring, I am unimpressed and find wholly irrelevant their fight with conventionalism and claques about sealed drags that stop jet planes and motor cycles that Cheeky Reels postulates... especially when fishing with 16 and under tippets or even 20. IMHO espouse the 150 dollar off shore reel keep it greased and 1 lb drag and the rest palm it. I wonder why China holds over two trillion in US treasury debt...must be they love us so...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file