Long weekend anyone going fishing..........

May be a little windy but i do think offshore is on the menu for the long weekend. Dania and pompano although wreck fishing in pompano maybe off the list due to strong current, we will see.. all depends on the weather.... maybe some crack of dawn snooking along the beach or rock walls... so where are u guy's off too....
sfkglogo.pngadrenalinelogo.pngjimyjigslogo.jpgaccuratelogo.png

Replies

• After the pelican harbor shenanigians today I'll be doing dania beach or some canal fishing for the holiday weekend. Can't have fun fishing when there are a bunch of blind and/or ignorant people in boats running over bait pods with tarpon under them that you're casting into.
  • PottymouthPottymouth Posts: 1,547 Officer
    hate to bust ur bubble Dania just as bad or worse with boat traffic.. if u stay to shallow u have the beach anglers tossing their lines at u, and if u go too deep boat and divers....
  • Yea... guess you can't really win this weekend. I was thinking of staying rather shallow but launching from the last parking lot of john llyod. Just cruise around looking for bait pods.
    just before sunrise or just before sunset... bait schools along the beach....
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,799 Moderator
    Wind wind and more wind here in NWFL.

Shaping up to be 3 days of house work. May try to sneak off to woods and do a little scouting, though.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • SaltysackSaltysack Posts: 463 Officer
    You know I'm game all weekend buddy, and you know where I'll be. Tomorrow I'm not sure on the start time... Sun/Mon early/all day. Catch ya out there!
  • EricD1980EricD1980 Posts: 181 Officer
    I would love to join some people.. Inshore, offshore, rain, shine, calm, rough doesnt matter to me.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    I am tossed up between taking the long drive to Flamingo or just dealing w the 2-4 and rain right here
  • lindalinda Posts: 130 Officer
    Wind wind and more wind here in NWFL.

Shaping up to be 3 days of house work. May try to sneak off to woods and do a little scouting, though.

You got that right looks like Monday is going to be the worst now...canceled a trip Fri & our club get-together today.
    Not a bad day 3 of us went out of dania today we caught Bft mahi king Mac bonies blu runners and as always remoras..
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,209 Moderator
    i knew i would regret going back to sleep...
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • EricD1980EricD1980 Posts: 181 Officer
    Thanks for a good first day on the water pottymouth and Andy. Here is the little bullet I caught. No pictures of the 2 undersized schoolie mahi I caught was a little windy and didnt want to dig for the camera. Yeah **** remora chomped down on my livey. Pictures are a little hazy cause we had to race a storm back in we got caught in just a little
    IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    good catch!
    On second thought that weather doesnt look like something i would have wanted to be in with only 3 hrs of sleep, so i am not so sad i missed out. There's always tomorrow.
  • **** I missed you guys. I was going to try to sneak in John Lloyd to save on parking fees but they caught me trying to launch from the beach so I just hit the ICW. Found a school of a dozen small tarpon that just wouldn't hit anything and then that storm rolled through and I got soaked. Got back to the car and loaded up and checked my missed calls, Lconn(some of you may know) had called, so I called him back. One thing lead to another and I was on my first adventure to choko. Fast forward a few hours and I've landed three nice reds. No complaints here and I can't wait to go back!
    Fish were uncooperative this morning at Dania, and the Current was ripping at least 2-3mph carrying us North. was so bad we had to come back through the ship's channel and John Lloyd park.
    Other than that, great day to be outside, a fine beach day.
  • CookinmanCookinman Posts: 880 Officer
    Ened up goin 0/3 in aftre making the drive over to Blind Pass - Big fish in current I could not turn before getting frayed. Redeemed myself w a slot in Ding Darling tossing a spoon at tailing reds......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file