Time to upgrade factory speakers..

So I have the standard radio six speaker nothing fancy, and it was time to upgrade. I don't want to change the Head Unit because of functionality so I may later add more, but this is all for now.

I had originally ordered all Infinity but the dash speakers went back-order and I had an issue with getting them so I searched around and read a few posts that all Infinity could be quite bright sounding. So I decided to switch those out with some JBL - Infinity/JBL both made by Harman. I think it worked out pretty good.

With the exception of having to trim the plastic surround on the door speakers they all dropped in. All speakers were connected with the wire harness from Crutchfield. Total all parts $200.

speaker10.jpg

Just a few pics of install.

speaker3.jpg

The stock 6x9 and the hard plastic that must be trimmed in order to get the Infinity to fit.

speaker4.jpg

After the trim.

speaker5.jpg

Installed

Speaker2.jpg

The doors were much easier to do than the rear deck, just because of having to get in the back and get situated. Sorry but once I got back in to install I did not have the camera.

speaker6.jpg

Then come the dash, fairly easy, passenger side easier than drivers because of dash.

speaker7.jpg

speaker8.jpg

speaker9.jpg
Middle East - Those who enjoy taking from the U.S. taxpayer while contributing nothing.

Replies

• project1project1 Posts: 347 Officer
    Ugh the consoles are a pain to change! I like infinity they are good speakers ( although i went kicker on this truck). Im sure you will like them also

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,958 AG
    I see Dewey isn't the only one going through a mid-life....What rap CD did you get :huh
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,711 AG
    micci_man wrote: »
    What rap CD did you get :huh
    :Spittingcoffee I don't do rap...
    Middle East - Those who enjoy taking from the U.S. taxpayer while contributing nothing.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,711 AG
    Sound way much better than the paper cones....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file