Gowge

Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,204 Admiral
You're still missed.

His avatar and posts are long gone, but he was a big part of this forum for me. How he loved his state and his country.

My signature is taken from the first two lines of an on-line memorial for him... and here's the poem I wrote in his memory, how many years ago, now?...five?, six?

To Gowge

A fisherman...
A patriot...who loved the USA.
A forum friend...
A loss...we sadly mourn today.

A witty fella...who made me smile
with his 'love' for all things 'Fwance'.
I sorely regret...that to shake his hand...
I never had the chance!

Regards,
gradylady
I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

Replies

• RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    Gowge was one of my favorites. If you had a technical question about a reel.....the man knew it all. I learned to trust much of his advice and still own and fish with a few Daiwa's that he recommended.......they are still going strong my friend.

RIP
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,525 Captain
    A real contributor !!!
  • ComandanteComandante Posts: 270 Deckhand
    I knew Gowge personally. He lived not far away from us on the outskirts of St. Augustine Fl. tHe did some experimental custom reel mods for me that I tried while fishing the San Diego Long Range Tuna Sport boats. I last saw him in 2005 before we moved from Florida. Gowge was a dear friend and the heart and soul for Long distance surf casters. I wish he was still with us!!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,294 Moderator
    I enjoyed reading his posts. He always came off as a good guy with a willingness to help others.
    He was a great resource on the forum. RIP
    "You'll get your weather"
  • bullgatorbullgator Posts: 1,940 Officer
    I really wish I had the chance to meet Gowge. Gowge and Frosty would hold seminars on surf casting techniques but of course, I never got around to going to one. Wish I had.
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 325 Deckhand
    I enjoyed his posts as well. I miss him.
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,390 Captain
    Wow, has it been that long! We had several forum members attend his funeral. His son was very courageous during a difficult eulogy.
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    :applause His well written thought provoking informative post will always be missed
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • Playing HookyPlaying Hooky Posts: 193 Officer
    He was a GREAT presence on the forum and the go to guy on anything reel related. He was part of a great era in this place and is truly missed. Thanks for posting this GL
  • michauxiimichauxii Posts: 54 Deckhand
    He was special!
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,037 Captain
    I had several very good and informative emails from him.
    NOTHING IS POLITICALLY RIGHT THAT IS MORALLY WRONG
    ___Abraham Lincoln

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file