Lost my best friend.

divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,528 Captain
Friday March 15th my Brother,my best friend. Was tragically killed at work in port everglades.He and two others were in a scissor lift 40 ft in the air when it toppled over he and one other worker were killed and the other is in extreme critically condition.
He worked for the County for 22 years the last 18 at the port.He had 8 years to get to 30 and retirerment and we had great plans for the future.

Little Brothers.
What can you say.
While mine was not so little,It was so there was room for his huge heart.
He always had a helping hand to give.Often putting his on life on hold to help others.
I wanted to get him a license plate for his truck that said Ken Do,
Because Ken could do,built,repair,or fabricate most anything.
God in heaven must have needed something repaired really badly to have taken him from us so early.
I just wish he had given us more time.
My brother,Husband,Father,Friend will be forever missed.
I love you Kenny.

Live everyday as if you stole it,because you are. Give your wife a kiss,hug your kids.
1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....

Replies

• Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,809 Captain
    Sorry for your loss. I'm gonna call my brother right now. It can happen anytime, anyway, regardless it's gonna happen to everyone of us. Some sooner than others. I'm feeling for you right now! God bless you and your family! May the pain pass quickly.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,204 Admiral
    :angel
    A terrible loss for your family, I'm so sorry.

We just never know, do we?...how quick and fleeting life can be...or how hard it is to go on when you have to go on without someone who's as beloved as a little brother. He sounds like a truly fine fella.

Your advice is good...never miss a chance to show someone how much they mean to you, never miss a chance to brighten a loved one's day...or even to bless a stranger with a smile.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,010 AG
    Very sad news 4$. His memory will live with you forever and that's something no one can take away, ever.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    :angel
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,659 Captain
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. :angel
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,969 Captain
    Prayers to you and your family. My older brother by 3 years was killed in an accident several years ago 3 days after his 29th birthday. As Buffett would say some of its magic and some of its tragic. Time will heal but it will always be different, hang in there and be there for your folks, people aren't geared to lose their children, it is kind of an understanding everyone will lose their parents first (not that it makes it any easier). Sounded like a great guy and I know he will be sorely missed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file