Prop suggestion for 2005 223 Cayman w/ 250 etec

AP 43AP 43 Posts: 68 Deckhand
I have a 4 blade right now and the most I have gotten out of her is 60 MPH with two people and half a tank of gas. Normally I can run 51-53 but am really only maxing out at 5000-5200 rpms. I am thinking about switching to a 3 blade and was wondering what prop and pitch I should start with. Will a 3 blade help fuel economy?

Replies

• Ranger Boats HQRanger Boats HQ Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    What prop are you currently using?
  • AP 43AP 43 Posts: 68 Deckhand
    It is the 4 blade "cyclone"
    You may need to have the engine checked out to make sure that it is getting wide open throttle. We have used the 24 Fury by Mercury on some of the E-tech engines. It performs well.
  • AP 43AP 43 Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Thanks Ranger. If I jack it way up and trim it out then I can get around 5600-5800 RPMs but I lose speed. It performs best jacked all the way down and trimmed out. One more thing, my jackplate switch went out and I was wondering if you guys sold them. It is the "trim" switch style.
    The parts department at Ranger Boats may be able to assist you with getting a new switch. They are open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM CST. They can be reached at 1-800-724-7273. Be sure to have your boat's serial number handy when you call. They can assist you with finding part numbers, parts availabilty, pricing, and ordering over the phone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file