Looks like it to me...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
017.jpg 89.5K

Replies

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,261 AG
    looks like metal fragments
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,761 Officer
    I think I have bad injectors or orings.

Injectors were done three years ago, then two were replaced last year. About 17,000 miles ago...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 10,987 AG
    Polar wrote: »
    looks like metal fragments
    x2
    Fisherman.gif

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,351 Officer
    Hard to tell with the pic. Tke a dab of it and put it on a paper towel. The fuel will disperse out further than the oil leaving you 2 circles on the towel if it has any oil in it.
    Ok, thanks acarb....

Not sure of what the metal fragments would be doing in there....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    How would oil get in the fuel? I may be wrong but bad injectors wouldnt cause that,it would have fuel in the oil though.:huh
    7.3 Powerstroke?
    yes. 7.3.

from what I've read online, bad orings or an injector could cause this, it is going through tons of oil, 5 quarts in about 1k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,261 AG
    you got serious blow by! Take the oil fill cap off while its running, see how much pressure is in there
    No blow by Polar, or very little...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    yes. 7.3.

from what I've read online, bad orings or an injector could cause this, it is going through tons of oil, 5 quarts in about 1k.

Injectors would cause the oil consumption.
    Yes, I agree acarb.

I have had nothing but injector issues.

They were purchased from pensacola diesel, two were bad the first time, I wonder how many are bad this time.

Isn't there some sort of buzzer test I can do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I agree acarb.

I have had nothing but injector issues.

They were purchased from pensacola diesel, two were bad the first time, I wonder how many are bad this time.

Isn't there some sort of buzzer test I can do?

Buzz test will tell you if the solonoid part of the injector(need a scan tool) is bad not necessarily which one is leaking.Best bet would be a new set with new harnesses as long as there is no blow by.Does it have a misfire/hardstart or any such problem.I think bigfordrob is a ford tech,he may know more about em.
    Thanks... not sure of what to do now, I don't want the former tech working on it.

Why is it so **** hard to find a decent mechanic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mechanic just told me that he doesn't think the injectors would be the problem, blaming it on the synthetic amsoil I started using...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,975 AG
    Thanks... not sure of what to do now, I don't want the former tech working on it.

Why is it so **** hard to find a decent mechanic?
    Mechanic just told me that he doesn't think the injectors would be the problem, blaming it on the synthetic amsoil I started using...

I would not believe changing the oil would do this.
    :BUNNY gestapo

Well, that would be a nice thing.... I've been spending $8 dollars a quart recently....

Why? I have no freakin idea.... I was hoping to improve fuel economy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 19,975 AG
    crap edit I would not believe changing the oil would do this.
    :BUNNY gestapo

• fordrobfordrob Posts: 362 Officer
    the gray flecks look like the tank is delaminating,however that does not explain the oil loss.is this a cab and chassis. or truck? how many miles .and did you say they were pensacola diesel injecters?personally ive used them once and never again. i pmd you my phone number call me ill help if i can if i dont answer leave a message i WILL call u back its loud in the shop and dont hear my phone.
    anything worth doing, is worth overdoing
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,201 Admiral
    Hmmmm. I don't know.

My Toyota doesn't do that.
    I'm with you on the Pensacola diesel injectors, nothing but issues so far.

Just called you Rob, I really appreciate any insight you can give me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rob, I appreciate the advice! I'll change the oil and let you know the results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    I keep telling you. Use the cheapest oil you can find and change it every 10 or 20 thousand miles whether it needs it or not.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    I keep telling you. Use the cheapest oil you can find and change it every 10 or 20 thousand miles whether it needs it or not.

I'll listen to you one day.... I usually prefer to do things the hard way.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rob, I appreciate the advice! I'll change the oil and let you know the results.

Be some good info if that fixes the problem, share the results if you would. Thanks
    Of course.... Rob said to start by changing the oil and going back to rotella/ford stuff.

I'll watch the oil level after that and if it continues to drop, I'll go from there.

From what I've heard, pensacola diesel injectors are chit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigironbigiron Posts: 542 Officer
    Been having kinda the same issue with mine. Original injectors, no oil use, no codes, fresh oil, fuel pressure at 60 OSI, new foot in the tank.....but from 45 mph and up vibrated like the tires are square...they are new tires and balanced well. Everybody tells me injectors but I'm not so sure...have not done a cc or buzz test yet......Fordrob?????
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Built Ford Tough.:rotflmao
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • fordrobfordrob Posts: 362 Officer
    bigiron wrote: »
    Been having kinda the same issue with mine. Original injectors, no oil use, no codes, fresh oil, fuel pressure at 60 OSI, new foot in the tank.....but from 45 mph and up vibrated like the tires are square...they are new tires and balanced well. Everybody tells me injectors but I'm not so sure...have not done a cc or buzz test yet......Fordrob?????

probably an injecter.... need to power balance the engine or do an injecter interupt test while its happening. just keep in mind if any "tech" comes to you and says you should change all the injecters find another tech. proper diagnosis and fix what s wrong and fix why it happened to begi with.all proper repairs should address the why th failure happened.if your local to me id be more than happy to look at it for you.
    anything worth doing, is worth overdoing
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,195 Officer
    tankard wrote: »
    Hmmmm. I don't know.

My Toyota doesn't do that.

Were not talking about Girl Trucks here, these are work trucks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file