First Fish on the New Boat!! SI 2/6/13

Been looking to upgrade my bayboat and after 5 months of searching I finally came accross my new baby....a 2007 Triton 240 LTS!!! Had to go to Tx to get her but now she's mine. So after getting her here, I decided to go out and see if the Triton could catch fish or not.

We made quick work of a livewell full of threadfins and hit the inlet. On the first drift we had a double hook-up on jumbo redfish. Mine came unglued but my wife **** hers into submission. Below is a video of her battle with the first fish(besides bait) to come over the rails of the Triton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbpg3IREGUQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is a still pick of the fish as well.

20130205_180727_zps19ff34cf.jpg

20130205_180653_zpsf6eb4a18.jpg

We fished for another hour and caught several more big reds, a couple of over-slot snook(sorry, pics came out blurry), and half a dozen good size bluefish.

Here's my wifes 3rd big red of the night.

20130205_184735_zpse8c3b8ab.jpg

I couldn't be happier with how the Triton performs and I will definetely be posting more on here now that I have the time to get out there again. And, as always, Tight Lines!
Final Point Charters
Specializing in Offshore/Nearshore/Backcountry trips in the Lower Keys
Come fish the World Famous Lower Keys and see what all the hype is about!
Check out our website for rates and booking information.
772-584-1239
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,151 Admiral
    Nothing better than the 1st successful trip on a new boat... I love my Triton... I'm on my 2nd 22'r now & I don't think I'll ever own anything else in the ~22' class... I'll never understand why anyone would pay MORE for a P.........
    Congrats & enjoy !!!
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' / 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons or Limits :banghead
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,658 Officer
    Nice job by the Mrs. on the stud Red.
  • FishdflatsFishdflats Posts: 176 Officer
    Congratulations on your new boat!!!! Nice reds too...
    -Luis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Final PointFinal Point Posts: 457 Officer
    @ ReelStamas ....yes, I love this boat!!! I had been looking for one for months. I called about this one and agreed to buy(pending being checked out by a mechanic) about 4 hours after he posted the ad. I went to pick it up 6 days later and he said he had gotten 17 calls about it!! Glad I jumped on it when I did.

@OntheEdge...Yes, the Mrs. can fish. The very first time I took her out she lands a 20+lb, 32" Mutton out of SI. Her very first snook was a 40 incher, and her first red was over 45". She is my good luck charm.

@FishdFlats...Thank you. The inlet was crystal clear which can make fishing a little tough sometimes but we were able to put some fish in the boat.
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,894 Admiral
    good times!!!
  • Paragon1Paragon1 Posts: 509 Officer
    Nice work! Gives me hope the inlet still holds fish! Lol, I got smoked last time!
  • gotskitlesgotskitles Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Nice boat and even nicer reds....congrats.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,225 AG
    Very nice rig Ryan....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • BluewaterfeverBluewaterfever Posts: 445 Deckhand
    Awesome job breaking her in inlet style!!
    Dumb Fish Die First
  • HookupAndGoHookupAndGo Posts: 196 Deckhand
    Nothing like breaking in the new boat the right way. She will always be lucky since the wife got the first fish aboard.
  • PostalPostal Posts: 169 Officer
    Nothing like a new boat !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :chill
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,666 Admin
    Great work Ryan, that was a long video which only means that your wife earned that fish.
    Mark Wilson
    AF1.124213220_sq_thumb_s.jpg
    Thanks everybody....:hail :hail I love this Triton!! I have taken it out a couple of times now and it is just a cadillac. She handles 2-3' stuff like it's not even there. Wouldn't want to get caught in anything too snotty because it is a really heavy boat that is close to the water, but because of the large flare it rises really well with larger waves keeping the inside dry! Makes me wonder why I didn't get one before(oh yeah, that's right, because a new one is $70k):willynilly :hairraiser

Mark, sorry I didn't get with you during your time off. I had so much going on that I didn't even toss a line for almost 2 weeks. I have some time over the next couple of months so if you want to come down, or if you have an open spot then let me know.

Hookupandgo.....I sure hope so. The boat I'm selling was a real fish catcher, so I hope the new one does her share as well. You're right though...not much better ju-ju than having the wife catch the first fish on the boat AND having it be a quality fish at that. Here's hoping it continues:crossed
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 630 Officer
    I shared your story of getting your new boat with Triton founder Earl Bentz at dinner last night. It was rewarding to let him know that you purchased a LTS after riding in our Reel Time FS Triton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
    Hey George. Yeah, I had been in the market for a new boat but had never really thought about the Tritons. I had never ridden in one and knew nobody who had one. After riding in the RTFS boat I was a believer. The Triton quickly went to the top of my list. I searched the country for almost 6 months before I finally found this one. And let me tell you, I love it!! I am tweaking a few things to make it better for my kind of fishing, but it is so far and above my old boat it's not even funny. The first day I took it out on the IRL it was blowing from the N at 15-20 and the river was 2-2.5 whitecaps. I got her up to a little over 50 and it was so smooth it was like sitting in front of the TV in a LazyBoy. Took her out to the inlet and she went right through those 4' standers at the mouth. Very impressive. Next time you talk to him tell Earl thank you for building a quality boat!!:USA
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Officer
    Great smile, beautiful wife, beautiful fish, but no pics of the new boat? C'mon!
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
    Great smile, beautiful wife, beautiful fish, but no pics of the new boat? C'mon!

Ok, here you go. I have some others but this one my wife took and I think it makes the boat look really good.

DSC_0386_zpsb78f2091.jpg
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeystrokeKeystroke Posts: 91 Deckhand
    Nice boat Ryan! Congrats.
    Capt. Randy Lang
    Sebastian Gypsy Fishing Charters
    Inshore and Offshore Charters from Sebastian
    http://sebastianfishingcharter.com
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Officer
    Tell that ugly guy to get out of the way. He's blocking the view.

jk. Very sleek.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
    Man, you all are hard to please!! lol I'll try to post some "Ryan Free" pics later in the week.

And thanks Randy...we'll have to go give her a try in the next couple of weeks! :fishing
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,365 Admiral
    Very nice all the way around ,congrats !! I see the numbers ,did you drive all the way to TX to pick it up ? :driver:
    johnD wrote: »
    Very nice all the way around ,congrats !! I see the numbers ,did you drive all the way to TX to pick it up ? :driver:

Yes sir, I did. I had been looking for a long time and finally found a winner....it just happened to be in Tx. I had him take it to a local mechanic up there and had a full review faxed to me. We negotiated on price before I left, and then I grabbed a buddy and headed west. 3 days latter she was back home in Sebastian, Fl.
    Final Point Charters
    772-584-1239
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • O.SEA.DO.SEA.D Posts: 646 Officer
    sweet boat!
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • reeljobmikereeljobmike Posts: 62 Deckhand
    Way to break her in!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights