Warren Sapp Hall of Fame?

Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,018 Captain
Really? This is disappointing.

Strahan definitely had it over and above that racist bankrupt POS.

Edit: OK.......I've calmed down now. Still unbelievable.

Replies

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,775 Captain
    Well poor Sapp doesn't have Kelly Ripa.......justice served........:)

Strahan will eventully make the football Hall of Fame.....

But in the mean time Strahan is creating a whole new non-football audiace of people that like him, because he's a good guy.

So he wins over Sapp no matter what.
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,346 Captain
    Always love this type of debate. Personally, I could careless what type of person you are, could you ball? Do your numbers stack up against the standard? If the answer is yes, then that person should get in. Too many things are being weighed down with the unwritten PC requirements and agendas. What happened to meritocracy or was there any such thing? Being a nice , ethical, etc person isnt necessarily synonomous with being great at your job. Especially where athletics are concerned! JMHO...
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,387 AG
    not disappointed, sapp was a force that could not be stopped and with brooks made buc-ball a reality
    No political signature
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,224 Admiral
    Always love this type of debate. Personally, I could careless what type of person you are, could you ball? Do your numbers stack up against the standard? If the answer is yes, then that person should get in. Too many things are being weighed down with the unwritten PC requirements and agendas. What happened to meritocracy or was there any such thing? Being a nice , ethical, etc person isnt necessarily synonomous with being great at your job. Especially where athletics are concerned! JMHO...

X2, well said
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    cpr wrote: »
    X2, well said

sapp, all time leader of d-tackles in unassisted sacks

his speed and ability for such a big guy to run down opposing players was amazing
    No political signature
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,018 Captain
    The Pro Football Hall of Fame bases enshrinement on only one factor: on-field achievements and contributions to the game. The Commissioner disagrees with that approach.

“I do believe that it’s more than just how you conduct yourself on the field,” Goodell said. “I believe very firmly that it’s how you conduct yourself on and off the field as a member of the National Football League. That’s part of your contribution to the game.”

Pete Fierle, the Manager of Digital Media and Communications at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, quoted to me via phone on Wednesday the applicable portion of the bylaws: “The only criteria for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame are a nominee’s achievements and contributions as a player, coach, or contributor in professional football in the United States of America.” As a result, whether and to what extent a player, coach, or contributor has conducted himself (or, in theory, herself) in an illegal or otherwise unbecoming manner off the field currently has no bearing on whether the player, coach, or contributor will have a bronze bust in Canton.

“These are decisions the Hall of Fame is going to have to make, not me,” Goodell said. “But if you ask me a specific question, ‘Is it just their contributions on the field and their statistics?’ I don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s about what you contribute to the game of football.”
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,315 Admiral
    MACD wrote: »
    Well poor Sapp doesn't have Kelly Ripa.......justice served........:)

But in the mean time Strahan is creating a whole new non-football audiace of people that like him, because he's a good guy.

fat girls
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,000 AG
    The Pro Football Hall of Fame bases enshrinement on only one factor: on-field achievements and contributions to the game. The Commissioner disagrees with that approach.

“I do believe that it’s more than just how you conduct yourself on the field,” Goodell said. “I believe very firmly that it’s how you conduct yourself on and off the field as a member of the National Football League. That’s part of your contribution to the game.”

Pete Fierle, the Manager of Digital Media and Communications at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, quoted to me via phone on Wednesday the applicable portion of the bylaws: “The only criteria for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame are a nominee’s achievements and contributions as a player, coach, or contributor in professional football in the United States of America.” As a result, whether and to what extent a player, coach, or contributor has conducted himself (or, in theory, herself) in an illegal or otherwise unbecoming manner off the field currently has no bearing on whether the player, coach, or contributor will have a bronze bust in Canton.

“These are decisions the Hall of Fame is going to have to make, not me,” Goodell said. “But if you ask me a specific question, ‘Is it just their contributions on the field and their statistics?’ I don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s about what you contribute to the game of football.”
    I'd agree with him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    tumblr_lgsuhd6EEd1qznj8ho1_500.jpg
    ok sapp haters
    what is exactly did sapp do that makes you think he's so terrible?
    No political signature
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,077 Admin
    that racist bankrupt POS.

I didn't realize that poor financial decisions should disqualify a player from the Hall.
    And how is Sapp racist? Because he called the NFL front office a"slavemaster" ten years ago?

If morality is to be a consideration for election, shouldn't they take Dan Marino's jacket away?
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,346 Captain
    Mango Man wrote: »
    I'd agree with him.

Why? Im not beefing here, Im curious as to yours and anyones opinion that thinks this way? IMO, its that last line " I think its about what you contribute to the game of football" that shades the thought process and could possibly make it hard to argue. However, what if football was two hand touch or flag? Same salaries, etc and it was mandatory that players and coaches glad hand, set up do gooder foundations and kiss the baby their whole career. Would anyone care? Is that going to sell tickets? Is that even football? Contributions to football is about the game they play. If there was no game, there would be nothing else. If you asked a player if he could get in just based on the autographs he signed, what do you think he would say?
  • Security LeakSecurity Leak Posts: 838 Officer
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    I didn't realize that poor financial decisions should disqualify a player from the Hall.
    And how is Sapp racist? Because he called the NFL front office a"slavemaster" ten years ago?

If morality is to be a consideration for election, shouldn't they take Dan Marino's jacket away?

Warren Sapps numbers are deserving of thr HOF status. That being said even though he played for the U I think he is a total *******. Even players from th U don't like him.
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,074 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    not disappointed, sapp was a force that could not be stopped

Until he tangled with the IRS.....

Sapp is probably the do[_]chiest celeb I ever met in person...
  • ScottC543ScottC543 Posts: 1,297 Officer
    Absolutely deserved. Sure he can be a jerk off the field. But on the field, he was a terror. The offensive players he faced know he belongs, and they'll tell you so.
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,018 Captain
    nuevowavo wrote: »

Based on my personal experiences (2) outside of football, and from what I have read which supports my observations.........he displays bias against and personal dislike of a general nature towards non-blacks.

However none of this matters per the current criteria for admission.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file