black fin tuna

gregghainengregghainen Posts: 17 Greenhorn
Black fins are not a regulated species. Would they be included in the 20 fish per person total bag limit? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,151 Admiral
    Isn't the 20 fish pp limited to 'reef fish' ? (blft are NOT a reef fish)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' / 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons or Limits :banghead
  • gregghainengregghainen Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Thats what I wasn't sure of, just wanted to be in compliance of the law. Gregg
    Isn't the 20 fish pp limited to 'reef fish' ? (blft are NOT a reef fish)
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,349 Officer
    Black fin tuna limits in state water are 2 fish or 100 lbs., in Atlantic federal water there is no size or bag limit.

Edit; Federal Gulf water No bag or size limit same as Federal Atlantic
  • gregghainengregghainen Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Roc N Rol wrote: »
    Black fin tuna limits in state water are 2 fish or 100 lbs., in Atlantic federal water there is no size or bag limit.

Edit; Federal Gulf water No bag or size limit same as Federal Atlantic

Thanks for the info Roc N Rol.
  • NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Officer
    http://www.gulfcouncil.org/fishing_regulations/index.php

Are you talking about the Gulf? Blackfin Tuna is not part of the reef fish so not included in reef fish 20.

Go to the link above, click on recreational regulations. There is a section that covers tuna. Blackfin, no closure, size etc.
    My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Allan Coker
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file