2/1 midnight snook run

My self and a few friends from the local PD got off shift an we decided to go do a lil fishing. After a last ditch effort to get the boat going after a stuck shifter cable we finally get out a lil after midnight and headed to our thumping hole in Ft Pierce. It seemed like our calling and we didn't spend much time cause it was friggin cold! Throwing a combination of lures, plugs, and live baits did the job. I ended up getting a on the money 32 incher on first cast, my friends gave it a shot and wham they each got a in-slot snook at 31.5 and 30. First 3 snook of the night all slot size plus a bonus atlantic croaker. We were in and out in about a hour or so. Of course FWC was out checking at the ramp and they congradulated us of our catches. He was going on about how slow its been and we just chuckled. Saw a few others out but didn't see anyone catching. See what the coming days offer with a reinforcing cool front Sunday should keep the bite going.

• fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,925 Captain
    nice, was suppose to go out, but I chickened out, too cold...
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Officer
    Staying home was more on my mind then going fishing trust me. My friends don't get to go out that often so it was a great time
  • pa28r200pa28r200 Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Set Sail For Epic Fail!
  • GetbonedGetboned Posts: 111 Officer
    awesome start to the season, congrats :thumbsup
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,780 Moderator
    Nice!! Hoping for some luck tonight.

Keeping busy while away from Florida

• LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    I just KNEW you guys would be out last night.... Nice.... I pondered it, but left the boat in the lift like a wimp...
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    Nice catches on opening night. I just had the new 2013 Ipilot installed and wanna test it out. Hope I come home with the same results you did, Congrats !!
    Tight Lines..
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    Nice job can't complain about doing it right and doing it quick
    I am researching the new 2013 ipilot but think ill bite the bullet and get the rhodan. Tired of replacing circuit boards, down time for warranty repairs, and not working under the bridges and causeways (3 time throwing me or my friends off the boat cause of lost signals) but when it works, you are in the zone!
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    3 slot snook in a night, way to go.
  • LilTucciLilTucci Posts: 189 Officer
    :Rockon Nice start to the season! I took the yak out for a couple hours last night put of Jensen, hoping to pick up a linesider quickly but it was a lil too cool and windy for my liking
    Check out my youtube channel, many more fishing videos to come

Log your trips and help the SGF with accurate stock assessments, great site
  • RockNReelerRockNReeler Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Nice slot, right on the big size. Too cold for me, but maybe this weekend will warm up a bit.
    This one was one of the fattest 32's I've caught in a while. Layers of fat inside, guessing it was getting ready for the big cold weather but didn't get the notice that winter skipped SoFl.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file