NCAA Admits To Its Own Improper Conduct During Miami Investigation

2»

Replies

• MadpoodleMadpoodle Posts: 752 Officer
    Some of our brains can remember further back then 05.. I believe fsu is still what, 5 behind in the series?
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!
  • SeminolekenSeminoleken Posts: 3,489 Officer
    Madpoodle wrote: »
    Some of our brains can remember further back then 05.. I believe fsu is still what, 5 behind in the series?

And Princeton has the most national titles in history.

Now both are about as relevant.......great history lesson.
    2012-09-01_19-51-23_295copy.jpgr8yvdx-1-1.jpg
  • Security LeakSecurity Leak Posts: 838 Officer
    A great history lesson would be to count the National Championship rings for each team.
    A great history lesson would be to count the National Championship rings for each team.

Go Princeton!

What is it? 26 or 27 right?

I know Yale is right behind......I love history.
  • fishonhensonfishonhenson Posts: 4,395 Captain
    Ken, are you the only person allowed to like their team on here?
    e3JIXa0.jpg
    My lil buddy

Member #60928, joined May 11, 2006
    Go Princeton!

And the shuffle continues...
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!
    Go Princeton!

We are talking about UM & FSU last I checked. UM has 5 National Titles. How many does FSWho have?????
    He's easily distracted...
    Water rat

• Salty GatorSalty Gator Posts: 1,802 Captain
    I WILL bet money that UM does not get hammered. I say they will get no bowl bans and will lose 5 scholarships a year OR LESS. The NCAA step in a big pile of crap now and their whole investigation process is now tainted. It would not surprise me if the come back and say the self imposed sanctions will be enough.

This is a real possibility. The NCAA can't be allowed to hire the defense lawyer of a spurned booster turned criminal ponzi schemer and use him to make their case. If UM does get harsh sanctions, I would like to see them sue the NCAA as well.

I am certainly no fan of UM, but the way that this investigation has played out has ramifications for any other school that the NCAA investigates.
    Water rat

This whole investigation has been handled poorly at best by the NCAA. Leaving any school twisting in the wind this long is an indictment against the investigative process. The guy who made out the best in this whole deal is Shapiro's attorney who billed and got paid by the NCAA for the hours he spent giving them dirt.

As pointed out above, the NCAA is not bound by any legal investigative standards except those established after the fact in civil court. However, this UM investigation has been such a cluster that they should really just drop it, appologize and move on.
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    The NCAA should just give itself a death sentence for lack of institutional oversight...
    Saltydawg wrote: »
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/manti-teo-nevin-shapiro-joe-paterno-NCAA-scandals-common-theme-notre-dame-penn-state-miami-012513

I would be surprised if the NCAA is not either completely disbanded or overhauled in the next few years. A judge has already said that the way they handled the USC investigation and especially the malicious manner it went after the assistant coach was wrong and they are being sued for it. I also think PSU has a good case considering they used the report of a 3 rd party to make the penalties.

]
    I WILL bet money that UM does not get hammered. I say they will get no bowl bans and will lose 5 scholarships a year OR LESS. The NCAA step in a big pile of crap now and their whole investigation process is now tainted. It would not surprise me if the come back and say the self imposed sanctions will be enough.
    This is a real possibility. The NCAA can't be allowed to hire the defense lawyer of a spurned booster turned criminal ponzi schemer and use him to make their case. If UM does get harsh sanctions, I would like to see them sue the NCAA as well.

I am certainly no fan of UM, but the way that this investigation has played out has ramifications for any other school that the NCAA investigates.

Or any school they have investigated in the recent past for that matter..
    Water rat

• FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,761 Officer
    Noles and Canes both suck...

I'm glad the canes finally found a pair and agreed to play the Gators this year... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Noles and Canes both suck...

I'm glad the canes finally found a pair and agreed to play the Gators this year... :)

Yeah right!!! Who was it that cancelled the series in 1987??? The Gaytors!!! Who is 11-4 against the Gaytors since 1978 including 2-0 in bowl games??? THE U!!! It seems that the Gaytors were the ones who finally found a pair.

The Gators-Hurricanes rivalry had once been an annual event, with the two teams alternating home games from 1938 (with a one-year break during World War II) until UF officials halted the series following the 1987 game, smack in the middle of UM’s ascension to national dominance.
    Can't believe I'm gonna agree with this guy ^^^^^

But I thought everyone knew it was the gators that chickened out of that series.
    Can't believe I'm gonna agree with this guy ^^^^^

But I thought everyone knew it was the gators that chickened out of that series.

FSU has the balls to play UM EVERY year no matter if UM was on top or where they are now. The Gaytors, not so much!!! Then they try to make like UM did not want to play them anymore. What a joke!!! Truth of the matter is that the Gaytors dumped THE U when UM was a rising powerhouse and UF didn't want any part of UM. UM fans know it. FSU fans know it. The world knows it yet UF fans stick their head in the sand.
    FSU has the balls to play UM EVERY year no matter if UM was on top or where they are now. The Gaytors, not so much!!! Then they try to make like UM did not want to play them anymore. What a joke!!! Truth of the matter is that the Gaytors dumped THE U when UM was a rising powerhouse and UF didn't want any part of UM. UM fans know it. FSU fans know it. The world knows it yet UF fans stick their head in the sand.

Agree 100%

Bobby was once quoted as saying that he wanted “But he played Miami." chisled on his headstone :rotflmao
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,627 Captain

Oh wow. This again. This is all you two have got. Something that happened 25 years ago. Why don't your teams have the balls to just join a real conference with a real schedule. Time to move into the present and future. Balls to play UM..... Funny.
    Oh and by the way. UM will beat FSU this year. Mark it
    2amigo wrote: »
    Oh and by the way. UM will beat FSU this year. Mark it

Mark it?

No thanks......history says otherwise.
    Oh wow. This again. This is all you two have got. Something that happened 25 years ago. Why don't your teams have the balls to just join a real conference with a real schedule. Time to move into the present and future. Balls to play UM..... Funny.

Are you gonna argue that uf bowed out of playing miami when they miami was hitting their prime?
    Definitely squirreled out of that series in my opinion. Those were bad days for UF ( except for Emmitt Smith )'AD at the time and Galen Hall seemed content at 7 and 5 records. Those were pre-Spurrier days. All past history and 25 years ago. But Like you said Ken, you love history. (Princeton).
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,440 Admiral
    Agree 100%

Bobby was once quoted as saying that he wanted “But he played Miami." chisled on his headstone :rotflmao

He should have chiseled, " if I had paid attention to who actually was the better kicker, I would have won 2 more NC's"

Yes, UF dumped the series 25years ago and each of those 25 years had the opportunity to renew it at ANY time but refused to until recently. No one can accuse UM of ducking anyone like UF did with Miami. Go back and look at UM's schedules. Games against Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, LSU, Oklahoma and many other power house teams over the years. The even tried for a series with USC and was turned down.
    Yes, UF dumped the series 25years ago and each of those 25 years had the opportunity to renew it at ANY time but refused to until recently. No one can accuse UM of ducking anyone like UF did with Miami. Go back and look at UM's schedules. Games against Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, LSU, Oklahoma and many other power house teams over the years. The even tried for a series with USC and was turned down.

"Florida canceled the annual series after the 1987 season, when the requirement of the Southeastern Conference for member schools to play eight conference games induced the University of Florida to fill out the non-conference portion of its schedule with teams that do not require a home-and-home arrangement."

Maybe the above is why they canceled. I used to agree somewhat with you until I found this. Your right Security, Miami has always had the toughest schedule, playing the toughest teams ever. Everybody is afraid of them and always has been. Especially all the SEC schools. By the way every team plays powerhouse schools in their schedule not just Miami. Time to join a real conference
    "Florida canceled the annual series after the 1987 season, when the requirement of the Southeastern Conference for member schools to play eight conference games induced the University of Florida to fill out the non-conference portion of its schedule with teams that do not require a home-and-home arrangement."

Maybe the above is why they canceled. I used to agree somewhat with you until I found this. Your right Security, Miami has always had the toughest schedule, playing the toughest teams ever. Everybody is afraid of them and always has been. Especially all the SEC schools. By the way every team plays powerhouse schools in their schedule not just Miami. Time to join a real conference

Read what you posted. It "induced" the University of Florida to fill out the non-conference portion of its schedule with teams that do not require a home-and-home arrangement." There was no requirement to cancel the series if they did not CHOOSE to do so. They could schedule anyone they CHOSE to fill the four non conference and they CHOSE not to schedule UM. They ducked them plain and simple no matter how anyone wants to try and spin it. UM was in the process of becoming the dominant team in D1 and UF wanted no part of them.
    Who won the last time we played in 2009 i think? I dont think we ducked them. Well lets forget all that because we will be playing each other back to back coming up. Should be good. I think the Canes are definitely on the rise and recruiting will be sick for them in the South Florida area. Golden seems to be the right fit to bring this team back. Oh and UM will beat FSU this year. As I said before, mark it down
    Who won the last time we played in 2009 i think? I dont think we ducked them. Well lets forget all that because we will be playing each other back to back coming up. Should be good. I think the Canes are definitely on the rise and recruiting will be sick for them in the South Florida area. Golden seems to be the right fit to bring this team back. Oh and UM will beat FSU this year. As I said before, mark it down

It's good to have dreams.
    Not a dream. I will favor FSU since my wife is a Nole. But I think Miami is going to be better than you expect them to be.

Actually it was 2008. You REALLY know your team there don't you???:huh Who won the SIX previous games??? That would be THE U. Who beat you with your EX QB??? That would be THE U. Who will beat UF this season??? THE U!!!!:grin
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file