FS Forum Diet Challenge - 2013 Edition

Replies

• pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 Officer
    Can a waulrus join?
  • Continued good luck guys.
    You can do it.............I did last year and trust me I'm not bragging but it was a lot easier then i thought it would be when i put my mind to it.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Can a waulrus join?

Anyone or anything - the bigger the walrus the better!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 Officer
    ok..it's big. Takes two screen shots to see him.
    OK, to the guys who are still in or want to be in - today is weigh-in day.

Now down 5.5% here.

Getting used to the 17 day diet. In fact today is the day I switch to the second cycle. Time to read that part of the book. As I said before breakfasts are the hardest part after no-booze (which I don't quite follow :wink). We have bought frsh fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries) and a stack of greek yogurts. That's what makes up breakkie every morning now.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,182 Moderator
    I had 4 eggs, 2 chicken breasts and 8 slices of thick cut bacon. The yogurt does look awesome though...
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,669 Captain
    down from 242 to 231 after 3 weeks...21 more pounds for my goal...Ill be there by April
    Come on the rest of you that committed - good or bad or absolutely no change. Post up where you are at.
  • ecueagleecueagle Posts: 478 Officer
    No change here, no good plan yet just watching portion sizes and walked during lunch at work the only day I was at my desk. Did hump through the marsh one day, always good for burning a few cals.

Def got to step up the game though.
  • GETBENTGETBENT Posts: 182 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »
    Come on the rest of you that committed - good or bad or absolutely no change. Post up where you are at.

Started 240 now 235
    GETBENT wrote: »
    Started 240 now 235

Good job. Will get the update out tomorrow. That's a decrease of 2%!

Do that five more times and you ae down 10% - which is huge!
  • GETBENTGETBENT Posts: 182 Officer
    Slow and steady
  • smallboatsmallboat Posts: 1,521 Captain
    While I am not really part of your timeline, I just thought I would check in. I started in Sept or Oct of 2012. I weighed in this morning at 169, which puts me at 56 lbs lost. 24.8% I'm still surprised, but :banana
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Hows things going for you small boat?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Fairly well, except I pulled the Rhombus Major muscle in my back a week ago and that put a halt to my working out for a bit. It's about 50% right now and getting better.
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,962 Officer
    Gained 3 back of the 5 I lost.
  • King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,129 Admiral
    smallboat wrote: »
    While I am not really part of your timeline, I just thought I would check in. I started in Sept or Oct of 2012. I weighed in this morning at 169, which puts me at 56 lbs lost. 24.8% I'm still surprised, but :banana

Holy crap! What's your secret?
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,669 Captain
    242 to 229.
    in 3.5 weeks heres what im doing exercise wise---

Monday- swim 40-50 laps at lunch (30 minutes). spin class after work (50 minutes)
    Tuesday- Lift Biceps/triceps/shoulders at lunch (44 minutes), stair stepper after work (45 minutes)
    wednesday- Punching bad at lunch mix in squats lunges etc. Basketball after work
    Thursday- Lift chest and back at lunch , jog 4-5 miles after work (40 minutes)
    Friday- lunges, jump, squat, jump rope, sprints etc at lunch (35 minutes)...enjoy booze and relax after work.
    Saturday- Run stadiums at local hs (40 minutes)
    This has been my best week yet, usually I have work to do on my lunch break a day or 2 each week. Also I bring my lunch now and eat throughout the day, saves money also.
    sunday--Push ups and pull ups (p90x workout) or yoga( usually complete half of it around 25 minutes)

If I can keep the drinking to one night a week which I did this past weekend, and not eat crap on weekends ill be at 210 by April I hope
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,620 Admiral
    Started New Year at 230#, today I am at 221. Slow but steady. I guess that is 3.5% to date.
  • John1352John1352 Posts: 232 Officer
    Started 1/3/2013
    Started 233.0
    Today 221.4

1450 calories a day and 45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week.
    Too many guests in town this time of year to lose weight for me :(
    I'll update the sheet later today.
  • seatecseatec Posts: 157 Officer
    Started Dec 28 2012
    Today
    working on it.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? - Einstein
    Holy crap, just found this calculator to see how much weight I would lose by biking to work everyday, 200 lbs in a year! That would make me -5 lbs lbs :grin

BTW, I live 35 miles from my work place :)

How much money could you save by biking to work?

You could save $74.81 a week, or $321.68 a month, or $3,890.12 a year.
    You could also burn about 13,462 calories a week, or 200 pounds after a year.

http://databases.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/biketowork/bikeform2.php
    King_Me wrote: »
    Holy crap! What's your secret?

Its not a secret. It's consistency. I very rarely "cheat". I posted most of my rules a few pages back in this thread. No added sugar, artificial sweeteners, nitrates, etc. I don't eat foods with ingredients I can't pronounce. I don't shop at health food stores either. I mostly eat vegetables (fresh or frozen) and chicken or fish. Occasionally some yogurt, popcorn, few black olives, etc. I use Greek Dressing on salads. Ranch and Caesar dressing have 130+ calories per 2 Tbsp. Greek Dressing has about 35.

Consistency makes the difference.
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,620 Admiral
    I'm kind of hoping for a medium case of the flu!
    That should be good for at least another 5 lbs!
  • ecueagleecueagle Posts: 478 Officer
    Trying to buy a house is really messing up my head. Stress eating way too much.
    OK, everyone who is still trying to lose weight post up today, and anyone who want to join in come on ahead.

I am down 6.3% as of this morning. Still on the 17 day diet, getting used to yogurt and fruit for breakfast. The one thing I am really struggling with now is every other day I should have a carb before 2pm. I am not used to eating a heavier type meal at lunchtime so I am not getting that done.

Post 'em up.
  • QuailhunterQuailhunter Posts: 172 Officer
    I am not a part of the challenge but just wanted to chime in. I changed 3 weeks ago the way I have been eating for years just lunch and dinner and they were both usually heavy meals. I also felt bloated for hours after I eat so I felt it was time to change things up. I have spread out what I was eating which was twice a day to 5 to 6 meals a day still eating the same amount of food but just less at one time. I am down 8 pounds so far and feel so much better. Not feeling the bloat anymore and for the first time in years I actually feel hungry.
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,962 Officer
    Down to 229. Last week I went out and bought new shorts and found out that I am close to a size 38 but not quite there yet. Just came back from Costa Rica on a short 4 day trip and we hiked every day . I was surprised I was not winded and could keep up with the wife so I know my cardio is paying off.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file