Few stud sheeps....

Went out to scout for some tourney quality sheeps. Our trip to Nassasu was a bust three weeks ago so we didn't even bother with the sheeps until yesterday. We fished end of sisters creek and worked the structure all the way to Nassau sound. We found the big ones in the deepest part of the bridge. Yesterday was the day we lost more sheeps than we caught:banghead. Everytime a monster sheep was lost my heart sank! Ended the day with about 6 of 'em all from 7 to 8 pounds and a couple of keeper sea bass. The fish were caught on fiddlers.

This time last year the sheeps were in the river in large numbers that even a 5 year old girl with a barbie pole can look like a great sheepherder but we are yet to see large numbers of 'em on a consistent basis this year. Hopefully the whole season won't be disappointing!

Here are some pictures!

IMG_1941_zps03f183831_zps50bb7c99.jpg
IMG_1939_zpsc12adaa8-1_zpsb27ed965.jpg
IMG_1937_zps8d937c141_zps8155385c.jpg
IMG_1945_zps08bbb7641_zps7fa6b46c.jpg

Arun.

Replies

• pilingjunkypilingjunky Posts: 2,044 Officer
    Daggum, Arun. Those are some studs!!
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,106 Officer
    Awesome Work...the one in pic 3 looks over 8, solid job..btw, like the new facial hair look. Look like Diedrich Bader (Peter's crazy neighbor) from office space.
  • FinReaperFinReaper Posts: 198 Officer
    STUDS! great job, sounds like there are still a few fish at nassau.
    I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. –John Gierach:grin
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,714 Captain
    Not a ton of them but quality stumps quantity. Good work man.
  • arunramarunram Posts: 1,628 Officer
    Daggum, Arun. Those are some studs!!
    Thanks. Good to see the spawners here!
    Snatch-Um wrote: »
    Awesome Work...the one in pic 3 looks over 8, solid job..btw, like the new facial hair look. Look like Diedrich Bader (Peter's crazy neighbor) from office space.
    Thanks! yeah, we thought that one was going to push 9 to 10 pounds but that's a short fish with a BIG head and shoulders. The new facial hair look was done for an Indian martial art performance I had last weekend.
    FinReaper wrote: »
    STUDS! great job, sounds like there are still a few fish at nassau.
    Yeah Matt! Thanks!
    Not a ton of them but quality stumps quantity. Good work man.
    That's true Steve, I hope the large numbers of them are yet to arrive! Thanks buddy!

Arun.
  • seajay-1seajay-1 Posts: 4,729 Captain
    Snatch-Um wrote: »

Tyler you know the biguns come from deep water. Share some of those numbers via PM please.

Nice catch Arun.
  • jimmy06jimmy06 Posts: 1,150 Officer
    nice fish
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,071 Admiral
    ****, nice fish Arun! Now, is this "deepest part of the bridge" mumbo jumbo pre tourney talk, or are you really giving away your secrets right before the tourney?
    :huh
    Either way, awesome job,:Rockon thanks for the report. Man I need to get out!:willynilly
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,106 Officer
    Hey Doug...you still got my #, give me a shout after work.
  • BillyReelBillyReel Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Nice Sheeps, Arun. You go out in your canoe again?
    jimmy06 wrote: »
    nice fish
    Thanks Jimmy. Hope you are able to make it the next time out!
    ****, nice fish Arun! Now, is this "deepest part of the bridge" mumbo jumbo pre tourney talk, or are you really giving away your secrets right before the tourney?
    :huh
    Either way, awesome job,:Rockon thanks for the report. Man I need to get out!:willynilly
    Thanks Tony. You know, Nassasu sound is not really our go to spot because the pilings tear the boat up so we may not go there again after last Sunday until closer to Tourney day. Also you need to figure out if the fish are in the old bridge or the new bridge :). We are just trying to find a pattern on what depth, tide and bottom the fish are holding and biting so we can apply that in our St Johns river water too.
    Hopefully you get to make it out and catch some of them brutes you had been catching last year! Good Luck.
    seajay-1 wrote: »
    Nice catch Arun.
    Thanks Seajay!
    BillyReel wrote: »
    Nice Sheeps, Arun. You go out in your canoe again?
    Thanks Billy. These were caught from my buddy's boat. But yeah, I still fish out of my Nucanoe in Mandarin. A couple of weeks ago I took the nucanoe out to Guana River and caught about 30 small trout and few reds.

Arun.
  • Fishin BennieFishin Bennie Posts: 130 Officer
    Nice heads Arun......Fat daddies
  • Sea-LewieSea-Lewie Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Nice job Arun, it looks like you are on the right pattern for sure.

Lewis,
  • james007james007 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Great pics and report!
  • Whipper SnapperWhipper Snapper Posts: 576 Officer
    Awesome report, we were out there at Nassau Sunday and lost 5 nice ones right at the boat and ended up with two, but I definitely do not know anything about inshore fishing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ton_e_montanaton_e_montana Posts: 468 Officer
    You definitely win the award for most posts and nice fish without a boat
  • GROUPER SCOOPERGROUPER SCOOPER Posts: 1,871 Captain
    Nice choppers on them there fish.

Nice job.
    Everything affects everything.You can't just change one thing.Every thing is connected.
    Nice heads Arun......Fat daddies
    Thanks Bennie. How is the whiting bite?
    Sea-Lewie wrote: »
    Nice job Arun, it looks like you are on the right pattern for sure.
    Lewis,
    Thanks Lewis! Hope to see your crew out on the sheeps sometime.
    james007 wrote: »
    Great pics and report!
    Thanks!
    Awesome report, we were out there at Nassau Sunday and lost 5 nice ones right at the boat and ended up with two, but I definitely do not know anything about inshore fishing!
    Thanks Bryan. That's sheepshead fishing I guess, you lose you fare share of fish!
    You definitely win the award for most posts and nice fish without a boat
    Thanks Sam (I think)!
    Nice choppers on them there fish.

Nice job.
    Thanks! They got some scary teeth.

Arun.
  • KCMKCM Posts: 136 Officer
    Nice work Arun those are pigs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights