Go get some Tripletail

Went out of the port again and caught some nice Tripletail. Some on buoys, some on seaweed, and some free swimming/sitting. Got them from 30ft all the way to 50ft It's cool, because I kill the motor as I get close and they hide under my boat. It's like they think it is floating garbage. :P
This was the biggest one at 21lbs.
image.jpg

High quality vinyl stickers representing your fishing lifestyle.
H2O Vinyl Designs
Check Out My Fishing/Diving Videos

Replies

• MSW_SatelliteBeachMSW_SatelliteBeach Posts: 212 Officer
    How big (small?) is that boat? Never woulda thought you could take something that small out of the port.
  • redjimredjim Posts: 774 Officer
    Wow, Quicksilver, that is sweet.

21lber,.....

:thumbsup
  • QuiksilverIHBQuiksilverIHB Posts: 467 Officer
    It is my 12ft Contender. Here is a pic of the boat.....
    temp.jpg

H2O Vinyl Designs

• SushiwagonSushiwagon Posts: 87 Deckhand
    temp.jpg

I didnt know Contender made a 12 footer. But damnit it says right there on the side of your boat. I am calling them and will get them to update their website to add your model :grin Nice catch and good eats!
    Chuck Norris doesnt wear a watch, Chuck Norris decides what time it is! :cool
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,894 Admiral
    Unreal bro... That is a stud!!!!
  • O.SEA.DO.SEA.D Posts: 646 Officer
    nice catch!

Triple tail are pretty thick out there. On Saturday my buddy and I got our limit pretty quickly in roughly the same location you got yours.
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • Paragon1Paragon1 Posts: 509 Officer
    NOt trying to hijack your thread, but im seeing all you guys bringing trips in and its killing me! I've tried around buoys, weed lines, etc. Using live shrimp on weighted hooks, DOA's around floating weeds (always turns out to be triggerfish). What's the trick? I'm not trying to pull anyone's secret spots, basically just looking for an effective approach at getting these.
  • MSW_SatelliteBeachMSW_SatelliteBeach Posts: 212 Officer
    temp.jpg

Awesome. You don't have problems with it out there? Assuming you launch out of Port Canaveral, although this pic looks like Sebastion.
    Paragon1 wrote: »
    NOt trying to hijack your thread, but im seeing all you guys bringing trips in and its killing me! I've tried around buoys, weed lines, etc. Using live shrimp on weighted hooks, DOA's around floating weeds (always turns out to be triggerfish). What's the trick? I'm not trying to pull anyone's secret spots, basically just looking for an effective approach at getting these.

Get your self a good pair of glasses (RCI Optics cough cough) and look for anything that isn't water. I dropped my speed to barley moving, because they are easy to overlook. I'm so low to the waterI can't see them until I am on top of them.

Awesome. You don't have problems with it out there? Assuming you launch out of Port Canaveral, although this pic looks like Sebastion.

I did launch at Port. That picture was just to showoff the boat.

H2O Vinyl Designs

• O.SEA.DO.SEA.D Posts: 646 Officer
    Paragon1 wrote: »

1. Good pair of polarized glasses most of the time I use Costa's with a 580 green lens for this type of fishing but keep a pair of 400's blue lens just in case.
    2. If you don't have a tower then get a buddy to stand up on the anchor locker and holler out directional commands so you can zero in on the fish. The higher up you or your buddy are the farther away you can see and easier to see the fish in the water.

The hard part is just driving around looking for weeds, color changes, rips and junk in the water and seeing if Trips are hiding under it. Some times you'll spend hours looking for them and others they'll be right outside the port, just the nature of the beast when sight fishing.
    2011 Aeon Pro Guide 23'
    Etec 250
  • QualityTimeQualityTime Posts: 180 Officer
    Exactly what he said, they are laying on their sides right below the floating weeds. Some are suspended 5 - 10ft down.... hard as **** to see those **** things with out knowing what ur looking for and going slow. I got 4 on Sunday just checking the weeds 5 to 10 miles south of the port. Quicksilver if you were out there Sunday I'm pretty sure I saw you heading out about 8 or 8:30am....
    2010 Key West 211cc
    175hp Evinrude Etec
    :Rockon
  • loyskiloyski Posts: 199 Officer
    Wow beautiful trip! I might have to go there tomorrow as long as its not too rough out.
    How far from the port were you? Shrimp on jigs? Never caught a trip before
    Exactly what he said, they are laying on their sides right below the floating weeds. Some are suspended 5 - 10ft down.... hard as **** to see those **** things with out knowing what ur looking for and going slow. I got 4 on Sunday just checking the weeds 5 to 10 miles south of the port. Quicksilver if you were out there Sunday I'm pretty sure I saw you heading out about 8 or 8:30am....
    Yep, that would have been me.

H2O Vinyl Designs

loyski wrote: »
    Wow beautiful trip! I might have to go there tomorrow as long as its not too rough out.
    How far from the port were you? Shrimp on jigs? Never caught a trip before
    Yeah, shrimp on a jig head.

H2O Vinyl Designs

• Caribbean SoulCaribbean Soul Posts: 234 Officer

how much weight on those jig heads? 1/4oz?
    how much weight on those jig heads? 1/4oz?

less weight the better.... you are not dropping very deep.
  • EjazzleEjazzle Posts: 110 Officer
    how far out the port do you have to go before you start seeing them?
    :grin20 miles

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file