I have a slight vibration

divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,526 Officer
A guy calls me and says I have a slight vibration, but I did'nt hit anything.
1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    Nothing wrong with that prop. That's the design used for moored boats that sit on the bottom at low tides.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
    Maybe he didn't hit anything. Could have been plain ol' stress failure.....doubtful, but maybe. I'd like to look at the "new" surface.
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • drkpttdrkptt Posts: 1,927 Officer
    Do you mean fatigue failure?

Looks like the blade before it hit something.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 Officer
    Yep, like fatigue failure. Can't see on either edge where it was "nicked", like it hit something.
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,113 Captain
    drkptt wrote: »

Looks like the blade before it hit something.

Possibly the blade in front of it when it broke or sheared off
    marlin_baitball.gif
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Officer
    That ceiling fan will be off balance.
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Turn the volume up!

Tight lines to everybody!
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,250 AG
    Am guessing some sort of nefarious underwater b-b-b-buzz saw (that didn't like you) to cut that blade so clean and straight?
    :grin
    I’m only responsible for what I say -- not for what others think they understand.

Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the "m" is silent.

America! Keep calm and return fire.

:USA
  • badbullgatorbadbullgator Posts: 1,568 Officer
    If he hit something wouldn't more than one be damaged?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
  • divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,526 Officer
    If he hit something wouldn't more than one be damaged?

The one right below is bent also,The other prop was bent really bad,I just did'nt take a picture.The prop shop said its toast a new one is close to 5 grand.They came off a 70ft Sunseeker.It happens all the time you should see some of the bent props I take to the shop its really an art form to repair them blacksmithing guys with big hammers and heat,if you have never seen it done its quite the show just wear ear plugs.
    1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....
  • rrbgttrrbgtt Posts: 6,753 Admiral
    Bobcats will do that.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!
  • ScottC543ScottC543 Posts: 1,297 Officer
    rrbgtt wrote: »
    Bobcats will do that.

Well, anyone who's dumb enough to let a bobcat drive their 70 foot boat deserves what he gets.
  • fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,925 Officer
    With that much torgue spinning around I wouldnt think it would take much to ruin a prop....yikes 5K
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file