Mars

Replies

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    with ascots!

What is this and why is it important...
    Capt.Tater I know u know...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    What is his story.... Hes like all the rest of the crazy old people in florida fighting people and going to meetings and fighting again.... I think this guy needs to leave you alone.

I think this law about elder assult is stupid, all kinds of these olders running around acting like I care they are on the condo board, talking their old noises, washed up tuppe wearing sandsabelts.
    He comes and goes. Pix a target and pulls the same crap. He had me completely on ignore when I owned him about his Armageddon gulf warnings and how he had all this information that the public didn't have and the Universities didn't have(they were the ones doing the research) and how it was sensitive data that wasn't available for release. blah blah.. A nice big conspiracy theory that trickled away. His MO is to hop in a couple of personal jabs unrelated to the topic, throw a few historical items like my teen age work history and move on. If I were him I would attack my working in the kitchen of a nursing home from 15-16 or so and then pushing carts at the grocery store vs attacking my jobs selling computers and electronics that happen lead to a pleasant career. What used to be funny is when old guys that knew him like LooseCannon49 would come on and absolutely destroy him about being run out of the east cost and Palm Beach county and such. Classic data that is all lost now. You could sit back and just hit refresh and watch those 2 go at it.

Here's one part I did save from back then
    blowhard.gif

I will say, Gary can be amusing and he can be a big stinky ****. I'm not sure if it's employment related or alcohol related or both. He's not stable though.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    TT33T, impressed me with his quad helix DNA post, even though it was news of the day.

Good Job TT33T!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    with ascots!

What is this and why is it important...
    Capt.Tater I know u know...
    I don't recognize it. the sky is a big place. :) Looks like a planetary nebulae forming as we discussed. The accretion disc in place and planets or at least potential planets forming. If it's in the context of the thread.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    TT33T, impressed me with his quad helix DNA post, even though it was news of the day.

Good Job TT33T!
    Yep. I miss the old (Mikev?) science post of they day..
    And who ever knew quad helix existed or was possible? So much for how much we know about disease.
    You like to sell storage right? Isnt SANs where all the moneys at in hardware?

Thats the bow shock of betelguese pushing into dust...... The bow scocks and morely the heliopauses/heliospheres is why I think the SETI program is junk science...... But I could be going colecovision on that.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats the bow shock of betelguese pushing into dust...... The bow scocks and morely the heliopauses/heliospheres is why I think the SETI program is junk science...... But I could be going colecovision on that.

Technically I'm the technical guy "pre sales engineer" in the industry. Funny how my experience and education lead right to that. :)

Gotcha on the beetlejuice. Pretty cool. I agree that SETI is junk but if it's privately funded who cares. I would like to know what the WOW signal was. If you take Drake's equation and put some distances on it and limit any contact by the speed of light we're screwed for detecting contact. If the speed of light is broken by other aliens then we should see them.. unless they are very elusive like bigfoot. Plus to have heavy elements you need super novas and LOTs of them so was that possible in the first 5-10B years? Enough that second and third generation stars and systems could form AND make life and then make intelligent life? That number dwindles if you look for Drake described life close enough to have transmitted radio waves in that reach us within our light horizon.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,290 Moderator
    CaptTater wrote: »
    If that makes you feel better about yourself. :Bike

Just poking a little fun Tater. I dig Astronomy also. Thought I had a good handle on it until my 14 year old nephew schooled me beyond comprehension. That was 15 years ago. I'd shudder to engage him in conversation now. If you pulled all that from memory, I'm truly impressed. :beer

(Y'all are taking Gary too seriously btw.)
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • CaptCamelCaptCamel Posts: 703 Officer
    Fletch wrote: »
    Just poking a little fun Tater. I dig Astronomy also. Thought I had a good handle on it until my 14 year old nephew schooled me beyond comprehension. That was 15 years ago. I'd shudder to engage him in conversation now. If you pulled all that from memory, I'm truly impressed. :beer

(Y'all are taking Gary too seriously btw.)

well he does have a noggin built for capacity
    This here river don't go to Aintree....................................
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    Fletch wrote: »
    If you pulled all that from memory, I'm truly impressed. :beer

He didn't.

We didn't name an emoticon after him for nothin. :wink
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,816 Officer

I want that thing to effing explode already!!!! Would be a nice look even during the day....with the naked eye. Hopefully it happens in my lifetime....or before it hits that dust wall in ~500 years.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    Collechio got fired from his lastjob becasue nobody wanted to work with him. Not suprising. I am suprised however that he doesn't have Tater on ignore. Whenever someone owns him ( like Tater is doing here) he tucks his tail and runs.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • RRRRRR Posts: 8,218 Officer
    I do have to give tater the slight edge in pwnage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RRR wrote: »
    I do have to give tater the slight edge in pwnage

Notice how he has been missing from this thread after Tater owned him?
    Gary brings good discussion and vibrant / funny statements.
    But Tater brought more this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Taters head has now swolled up to near eclyptic perportions
    Also in 2020 we're sending another rover to Mars. What should we send up there along with it on that trip? People, animals? If so who or what?

Tater, Tripleclean, thoughts?
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

I would like to see DEEP take the trip.

WHy would we send people or animals? I don't know that I understand the question but I know some people I would like to send up there.
    We need to keep the environment up there sterile just like Lake Vostok. We are far from willing to invest in a base on Mars so all we will get is little robots scratching the surface where life is least likely to be. AND since we aren't really searching for life but signs of metabolism there is a lot of room for error and we've been burned several times before. Many by products of life are pefectly natural. There's a 300 million mile cloud of alcohol in space.
    THere is methane everywhere.
    There is amino acid particles all over.
    we should send all kinds of stuff up there
    like beer cans, old tires, rusted out BBQ grills,
    etc.

leave them and have the delivery rover drive off
    in the distance and self-destruct (vaporize)

this way, 1 million years from now when humans are gone
    from Earth after the muslim zealots destroy us all and a
    new civilization springs up on Earth and they study our ruins
    and learn about us and finally get to the stage of space exploration
    we are currently in and they get to Mars and find the aforementioned
    relics, they will be like "****!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    etc.

intergalactic trailer park, I like the sound of that.
    etc.

leave them and have the delivery rover drive off
    in the distance and self-destruct (vaporize)

this way, 1 million years from now when humans are gone
    from Earth after the muslim zealots destroy us all and a
    new civilization springs up on Earth and they study our ruins
    and learn about us and finally get to the stage of space exploration
    we are currently in and they get to Mars and find the aforementioned
    relics, they will be like "****!?"
    Oh no, you just made Gary C's list with your religious bigotry. They are a religion of peace.
    I like where you are going with the rest though.
    police-sketch01.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Isn't that the guy from Fat Albert.

And as for the beer cans, we need bullet holes in them right? We better get to that very soon while we still can.

fat-albert-and-the-cosby-kids-lou-scheimer-1.jpg
    WHy would we send people or animals? I don't know that I understand the question.

You know, for being one of the two heads of the FS Mars Commission, your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking a bit.

"What should we send up there along with it on that trip? People, animals? If so who or what?"

As you can see I did not say we should send people or animals.
    You know, for being one of the two heads of the FS Mars Commission, your reading comprehension skills seem to be lacking a bit.

"What should we send up there along with it on that trip? People, animals? If so who or what?"

As you can see I did not say we should send people or animals.
    Then please rephrase your question in the form of a question that asks what you want to know. I will get on the wikipedia and see what I can find. :)
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,402 Captain
    Move along and let the men talk.

How do you get through doorways with that head. :rolleyes
    Then please rephrase your question in the form of a question that asks what you want to know. I will get on the wikipedia and see what I can find. :)

OK, thanks, stand by.
    How do you get through doorways with that head. :rolleyes

it's soft and pliable. Great input. Keep up the good work.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,402 Captain
    I will.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file