1/21/13 Ft. Pierce on the Shoeless

So my cousin Chely and her boyfriend Josh flew down from WI to visit some family friends in Miami and made a trip up to hang out for a day and fish. I decided to hit the river up in Ft. Pierce to have a relaxed kicked back day and see what we could catch. We hit the bait shop at 7:20 and were told their shrimp order did not make it in yet, but would be there in 10 minutes. Glad I didn’t plan on being there at 6:00 when they open.

We loaded up some shrimp and were on our way to the flats north of the power plant. :cool:

GOPR0006_zpsa0258a79.jpg

GOPR0004_zpsc08c02b8.jpg

GOPR0003_zpsd109dad0.jpg

We hit away from shore, near shore, in between, and nada!!! I kept the newbies on the live shrimp and I worked top water Unfair mullet lure, DOA Shrimp, and a MirrOlure and nada!!! :huh There were a number of kayaks and one wader further south, hope they did better than I did in the flats. I decided to make a big move and ran north to a little hole we have pulled some decent snapper out of in the past.

I set up and we pull in a small snapper or two and a few other throw backs.

GOPR0016_zps575016b9.jpg

About 30 minutes into it, I pulled the anchor and moved 15 feet closer to the channel marker, BAM that was the ticket!!! Sheepshead heaven!!!:willynilly

GOPR0022_zps667ecfa3.jpg

Josh got the largest of the Sheepshead.

GOPR0011_zpsbadf5866.jpg

GOPR0014_zps347c55f6.jpg

GOPR0012_zpsb5422acf.jpg

We ended with 5 keeper Sheepshead, one short, and a number of other throw backs for the day. All the Sheepshead hit live shrimp.

G0010046_zps1909847c.jpg

GOPR0039_zps6f2a8195.jpg

GOPR0038_zpse04c1207.jpg

I had a poor one legged pelican that I felt sorry for hanging around as I cleaned the fish so I told him I would post a pic of him and make him famous. Well, maybe not E$ Little Bob famous :grin

GOPR0040_zps3cb624fd.jpg

It wouldn’t be a Shoeless report without some food ****.

Dinner2_zps3601f75d.jpg

Dinner_zpsa04103a6.jpg

Anyone give an ID on this guy???

GOPR0026_zps13a57f09.jpg

GOPR0025_zpsb3f0053d.jpg

BTW all pics were take with the new GoPro Hero 3 Silver. I’m getting used to recording video and editing, but will start to throw some video up soon. ENJOY!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    nice job, and good thing it is a leg and not a wing!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,779 Moderator
    Great job putting them on some good fish buddy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • GetbonedGetboned Posts: 111 Officer
    Nice, love the food **** :thumbsup
  • on deckon deck Posts: 647 Officer
    Toadfish...Believe me the sheepies are a lot better eating. Nice haul.
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Good haul today. Not sure on the unknown.
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,064 Captain
    nice job, and good thing it is a leg and not a wing!

Thx, yea he probably got his leg caught in tangled up fishing line somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    on deck wrote: »
    Toadfish...Believe me the sheepies are a lot better eating. Nice haul.
    Thanks for the ID on deck

Getboned
    Every report deserves a little food **** :grin!!!! I have tried many recipes from other forum members and love to share what I have used that works for me. This time was simple salt, pepper, garlic, and onions on top.

Sharing is what this forum is all about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Officer
    Very nice sized sheepshead! You using the new gopro or something else for the pics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blue ChipBlue Chip Posts: 146 Officer
    Great Pics, thanks for sharing!
    snook87 wrote: »
    Very nice sized sheepshead! You using the new gopro or something else for the pics?
    Thanks snook87 I'm using the new GoPro Hero 3 Silver set on the highest resolution (11mp) and Protune On for the still shots. This is my first time out using it on the water and I think the pics came out excellent!!! I was equally impressed with the close ups of the fish in the few shots, the focus was great close up and even way out in the distance.

My fiance' did me one right by getting this for me for Christmas!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,257 Officer
    Great pics and looks delicious!
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    emoney991@outlook.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bullchaserbullchaser Posts: 930 Officer
    Nice job shoeless. Great photos! We need a name for the 1 leg little feller!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DogmanDogman Posts: 450 Officer
    Great report and pics. That ugly **** is an Oyster cracker Toadfish (Opsanus tau) some times called dog fish because of the grunting noise they make.
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers

Great report..

You missed a great lunch today!!!!!

Talk to you later

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eric
    PLANE FISH N
    Sean boy,

Great report..

You missed a great lunch today!!!!!

Talk to you later

Cheers

Thanks Eric!! I'll definitely take you up on lunch next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LilJimLilJim Posts: 254 Officer
    Looks like you got yourself a nice mother-in-law fish there :rotflmao . I've heard they are good eating, but they are just so nasty looking. There are some really big ones by the power lines next to the south bridge.
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Nice job Sean.

Sent from my Droid tablet
  • Offshore9393Offshore9393 Posts: 469 Officer
    nice report and pics
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,944 Captain
    Glad you were able to hook up some fish for you visitors! Love that food **** and really cool pics. I still use the GoPro Hero and really enjoy the camera function as well.
    LilJim wrote: »
    Looks like you got yourself a nice mother-in-law fish there :rotflmao . I've heard they are good eating, but they are just so nasty looking. There are some really big ones by the power lines next to the south bridge.

Josh wanted to filet it up, but I refused with all the other good eats already on ice.
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    Nice job Sean.

Sent from my Droid tablet

Thanks Paul!!!
    Glad you were able to hook up some fish for you visitors! Love that food **** and really cool pics. I still use the GoPro Hero and really enjoy the camera function as well.

Thanks bud!!!! Good seeing you and the wifey the other night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file