Costa ads in magazines...

erockerock Posts: 1,867 Officer
You know, the ones with fish made from sunglasses parts. Well, it looks like someone actually made one. If this is real, imagine what this thing cost?!?!?

541958_10151254147143337_2072418472_n.jpg
flag-uga.gif

Replies

• fishstickerfishsticker Posts: 500 Deckhand
    They are real.

[video=youtube_share;ZO2KeILnlms]
    "Those that give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither."
    Benjamin Franklin
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,353 Admiral
    I'm guessing about $50 tops. Hellacious markup on that product.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Cost to who ??? I'm guessing Costa has ~$5/pair in them... & ~1/2 that is 'marketing'...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    Cost to who ??? I'm guessing Costa has ~$5/pair in them... & ~1/2 that is 'marketing'...

You mean or SFE what ever the conglomerates name is.
  • capt.natecapt.nate Posts: 2,359 Officer
    costa should focus on not making their glasses suck so much. i wore CDM for 12 years. just recently switched to maui jim and couldnt be happier.
    http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things I’d do differently, but, oh yeah, I’d still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford
    sig%20pic%20yamaha_zps9bj5fb89.png
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice artistic touch no doubt
  • SwamiSwami Posts: 51 Deckhand
    All the Costa fish are real. They auctioned off the marlin at The Billfish Foundation awards banquet late last year. I can't remember the winning bid but I think it was like five grand...(money was donated to TBF).
  • SouthFloridaAnglerSouthFloridaAngler Posts: 3,163 Captain
    I'd like to have that sailfish on my wall. Cool.
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,074 Admiral
    That one in the pic above actually hangs on the wall in the board room at Costa HQ in Daytona
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,074 Admiral
    Nate wrote: »
    costa should focus on not making their glasses suck so much. i wore CDM for 12 years. just recently switched to maui jim and couldnt be happier.

My wife and I both were given some spendy $$ pairs of Maui Jim's last year at our Presidents Club trip. Came home and gave them to my parents -- went back to wearing my Costa's...
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,116 Captain
    I'm guessing about $50 tops. Hellacious markup on that product.

Exactly!!!!!

I've complained about that in the past so I won't go there again, I'll just say they are marketing geniuses.
    marlin_baitball.gif
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    They had that piece commisioned, and used all the returned defective crap that they get back in one day.
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file