No Tebow for you, Jacksonville...

erockerock Posts: 1,867 Officer
New GM David Caldwell on bringing Tim Tebow to Jacksonville: "I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar."

Hopefully he'll get Jarvis with the second pick! :dance

Oh, and Malarky was fired today as head coach. Cleaning house.
flag-uga.gif

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,668 Admiral
    David Caldwell will get Greg Roman as coach and will give up the 2nd draft pick for Alex Smith. You heard it here first.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Boooooooooooooooooo !
  • wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    If not Jax, where does anyone think Tebow will end up?
    I'm sure at least one NFL team will take the chance with him at some position.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,440 Admiral
    Maybe Arizona. I always thought Tim could make a poor team decent in the pros. But as much as I like him, I don't believe any other teams want the mania his persona makes-- unless they decide he will be their starter all year and if not Jax maybe Arizona
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 3,479 Captain
    I would hope the Jax fans would rise up and pressure the team to acquire their favorite son.............it is the obvious move.
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,364 AG
    ......... "I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar."

****!!! that's brutal.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,899 Admiral
    The last thing a new GM would want is the media circus that surrounds Tebow. Especially coming home to Jax. What a freak show that would be. IMO, Timmy doesn't have it between the ears to be a NFL QB. If a team picks him up and plans to use him as a starter they will have to change their entire scheme to something he can handle. Like what Fox did at Denver for him.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,195 Officer
    Resinhead wrote: »
    The last thing a new GM would want is the media circus that surrounds Tebow. Especially coming home to Jax. What a freak show that would be. IMO, Timmy doesn't have it between the ears to be a NFL QB. If a team picks him up and plans to use him as a starter they will have to change their entire scheme to something he can handle. Like what Fox did at Denver for him.

This is about right.

Timmy is not a starting NFL QB! The Jets are getting ready to release him soon.

He could join his old teammate Chris Leak with the Orlando Predators. They need a lot of help, were terrible last year!
  • MadScientistMadScientist Posts: 3,402 Officer
    erock wrote: »

Hopefully he'll get Jarvis with the second pick! :dance

Agreed. Hopefully this guy will figure out, all he needs to do is draft the best the SEC and ACC have to offer every year and the Jags will build into a great team. The nice thing is, the local TV coverage of those conferences will make it easy to figure out which players are worth drafting. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

As far as Tebow goes, somebody will wise up and give him a fair chance. I think it will only take a full off season as the starting QB, and he will prove his worth. When given only half a chance, Tebow won more post season games than Atlanta.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 Officer
    Maybe its just me, but I'll take a deep playoff run or Superbowl over Tebow any day.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,658 Officer
    Tebow to CFL or Arena league. The only team that might want him is San Fran and that is they lose Alex Smith.
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Officer
    wizfisher wrote: »
    I'm sure at least one NFL team will take the chance with him at some position.

He will end up covering College ball for ESPN.
    I think he ends up here. http://www.btea.org/missiontrips.asp
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    wizfisher wrote: »

Televangelist........

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 25,908 AG
    sEEkEr wrote: »
    Televangelist........

:grin
    Vote for the other candidate
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Why does he take a down in the dumps Bronco team last into the playoffs and beat the Steelers in the first game but yet some of you guys think he cant do it.
    Fox changed the dynamics of the offense to let Tebow produce in a scheme he was well familiar with. He really had no choice as Timmay was his #2. Fox even said he couldn't run a pro style offense, "If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

The Jets brought him in as a booster shot for Sanchez for what was to be a championship run. He just added to the illness. I'd be surprised if he plays NFL ball next year maybe 2.
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    PONCE wrote: »
    Why does he take a down in the dumps Bronco team last into the playoffs and beat the Steelers in the first game but yet some of you guys think he cant do it.

NE developed a defensive scheme with their edge rushers that became a blueprint that all teams would use to shut him down.....

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,002 AG
    Well, worst comes to worst, we have four victories against the little sister to the west, that we will always remember :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,563 Admiral
    Stupid is, stupid does.

Jax is clueless.
  • james007james007 Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    I personally don't attend many Jags games and definately won't now because I think he should get atleast a fair shot in his home town. In my opinion Tebow is a class act and is fun to watch and the 2-14 season with prototypical QB's they had last year was pathetic. As long as you have Brady in New England, Manning in Denver the Jags aren't going nowhere so why not give Tebow a chance and bring excitement here? I guess a large portion of the fans who pay good $ doesn't matter to the owner. :(
  • Tarpon NoleTarpon Nole Posts: 1,857 Officer
    This is the NFL. People don't "deserve a shot" he's either good enough to be a starting QB, or he isn't. According to 32 nfl teams, he isn't.

Teams also aren't going to ring him on as a backup, as he needs a special offense with special personnel to run

Dude needs to realize this and become the beast goal line/short yardage back he really is
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,002 AG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,697 Captain

What? WHAT??? Denver was a complete team that lacked ONLY a QB. Every other phase of their team was solid and they got where they got last year despite having one of the worst QB's in the league. Need evidence? They replace Tebow with an aged, injured Manning and they're the best team in the AFC.

Tebow got more of a chance than he "deserved" based on his talent because he was drafted higher than he should have been. He can't play QB in the NFL and I doubt he's better than most players at any other position. He will not be on an NFL roster next year.

As for the whining in Jacksonville, PLEASE don't forget that your hero could have been there last year. There was a deal with Jax and a deal with NY and TIMMY CHOSE THE JETS OVER THE JAGS. Why? Because he knows he can't play in the NFL and has mastered the art of self promotion (albeit for noble reasons) and wanted the big market. That should tell you all you need to know about his "loyalty" to his home town.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    What? WHAT??? Denver was a complete team that lacked ONLY a QB. Every other phase of their team was solid and they got where they got last year despite having one of the worst QB's in the league. Need evidence? They replace Tebow with an aged, injured Manning and they're the best team in the AFC.

Tebow got more of a chance than he "deserved" based on his talent because he was drafted higher than he should have been. He can't play QB in the NFL and I doubt he's better than most players at any other position. He will not be on an NFL roster next year.

As for the whining in Jacksonville, PLEASE don't forget that your hero could have been there last year. There was a deal with Jax and a deal with NY and TIMMY CHOSE THE JETS OVER THE JAGS. Why? Because he knows he can't play in the NFL and has mastered the art of self promotion (albeit for noble reasons) and wanted the big market. That should tell you all you need to know about his "loyalty" to his home town.

I think the Broncos were way below 500 when Tebow took over-that was the big deal when Tim got the go. But he still cant play QB in the NFL--laughable--I dont care where he plays-I have no dog in the race.

Mike Westhoff says the NY Jets' handling of Tim Tebow was 'an absolute mess' and 'distraction'
    The Jets retiring special teams coordinator knows Tebow is limited as a traditional drop-back QB, but says Tebow has the talent to be a factor in an NFL offense if used right
  • wizfisherwizfisher Posts: 2,387 Officer
    The Jets retiring special teams coordinator knows Tebow is limited as a traditional drop-back QB, but says Tebow has the talent to be a factor in an NFL offense if used right

That's my guess as well.
    There will be a team that picks him up (cheap) and makes use of him some how.
    Tebow isn't a great NFL QB, but he could be used as a tailback with an option to throw.
    Toss him the ball and the DBs and safety's can't abandon their coverage to go after Tebow until he crosses the line of scrimmage.
    If used right, it would make for some interesting plays.

I also don't have a dog in this fight.
    I root for the Gators but am not a big cfb fan.
    I am a Broncos fan so I wanted the Broncos to win, regardless of who is at QB.

Tebow is an interesting player to watch. He seems to have the will to win and succeed that many don't.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,383 AG
    sEEkEr wrote: »
    NE developed a defensive scheme with their edge rushers that became a blueprint that all teams would use to shut him down.....

Pittsburgh missed that memo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 Officer
    They replace Tebow with an aged, injured Manning and they're the best team in the AFC..

Really? I think the Ravens and The Patriots would differ.

Want to make a bet he is on a roster next year?
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,563 Admiral
    Arizona!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file