Dania 1/7

I'm back!!!! Havnt posted in the forum in forever out of laziness lol went out this afternoon and the bite was fairly good. Got out deep n got 4 or 5 almacos n lost a sail... Then found a pod of toothy critters that cut off 4 of my jigs back to back :banghead, my luck all wahoo... We t in to a shallow wreck in 115' n as soon as I got there bamnnn my gog goes off. Screams out 300 yds of line on first run. After about 15 min get him in, jumbo king. Decide to call it a day and head in. On the way in a fat 31" cero Mac hits my last gog... Got back to the pier, take some pics n gave the king to an old man fishing with his 3 grand kids who havnt caught anything all day, u woulda thought they won the lottery lol, n kept the Mac for dinner... Nice afternoon on the water
A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,618 Captain
    Nice size king. Good to see you post again. It sounds like you made there day, giving them the king.:thumbsup
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    hate you so much out of jealousy, good catch and welcome back.
    :fishing
    OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    :fishing :thumbsup
    Fair winds and following seas!
  • ElMaskedAsianElMaskedAsian Posts: 73 Deckhand
    Dude thats a big freakin king! Nice Job!
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    SMOKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, BEAST KING. IN THE 40#'S
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,209 Moderator
    Hey bro, what time did you get out on the water? I've been curious about the afternoon bite since I have only ever fished Dania at dawn.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • drichard1986drichard1986 Posts: 498 Officer
    bout noon to 5
    A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!! Tight lines my friends
  • Baxter22Baxter22 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Great day and even better you shared the catch.
    Happy New Year for sure.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    WOW!!! Nice!!!

IS the wreck you're speaking of the Tenneco Towers? Not trying to blow up your spot or #'s just curious. I've been wanting to hit the towers in the yak
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
    the towers arent straight of dania but further south of hollywood
    I actually have no idea the name or if its even registered. It's a wreck I found while drifting like a lot of the spots in Dania. Dania is loaded with either rock piles or small wrecks if u just keep an eye on your ff while drifting
    well i was gonna get a gps/ff but i flipped over a few weeks ago and lost my tackle so i am rebuying everything i had,
  • kitesfrkitesfr Posts: 356 Officer
    how do you rig your live bait? Wire leader?
    Fair winds and following seas!
    Stinger rig. I use like 10" of wire to 2/0 J hook to a stinger with #6 treble
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    He finds all his wrecks and rock piles because of me! Then marks the spot and calls them his! :drink
    :blahblah Lol he is referring to 1 spot out of dozens! All the others i found solo :dance
    I'm still getting used to rading my unit, its pretty basic an old PMAX 15 that I had to fix myself.

Any tips on reading the small grayscale screen? As stated before, I'm never want actual spots or numbers but maybe just some help on finding them myself :-)

Thanks for the report, that is a SICK king!
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
    Never had a grayscale ff. mines color n I look for blue bottom over the usual red... Probly have information in the manual about it
    good info. anyone have a spare jig rod to sell
    Never had a grayscale ff. mines color n I look for blue bottom over the usual red... Probly have information in the manual about it

Good to know, I'll have to find the manual online. It's a discontinued model and it was given to me by a forum member (Thanks Clearchoice!) He bought a new one and could not get this OLD PMAX 15 to turn on. With a little TLC, some precise x-acto knife cuts she it working well now!
    Heroes On the Water

FREEDOM CAPTURED!

>

2013 Hobie Outback
  • wbgofishwbgofish Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Nice haul neighbor!
    hey thanks Walter! we gotta get you out there one day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file