We got smoked...

JebJeb Posts: 22 Greenhorn
last night. No adjustments made by the D co ordinator. The offense started out with a pick 6 ( **** calls that route first play) and never got into theyre game plan. Will, ya still have alot to learn Son.

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,784 Admiral
    Yup. Starting the New Year with that type of loss sucks.
  • heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer
    Gotta give Louisville some credit tho. They got some guys who can play. BTW I'm an unbiased outsider looking in at the game. didn't matter to me who won.

I will say UF was hitting hard as hell tho. Good to see some physical football being played.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    The Cardz looked great... but as an SEC fan (who drinks the SEC Kool-Aide) that was the most embarrassing Bowl game I've seen in a while...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Dont forget the 3 botched on-side kicks-boy that worked..........
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I will say UF was hitting hard as hell tho. Good to see some physical football being played.

A couple before the whistle.
  • erockerock Posts: 1,867 Officer
    magot wrote: »
    A couple before the whistle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROo_ALF3zXSSx4VTCZBUCodPbGJU4HA-s1KJOWRcZOZDkdDkvbxN0CVlTyMg
    flag-uga.gif
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Seems like Louisville was more prepared schematically than UF.

Plus motivation seemed higher and they seemed more excited to be there than UF that may have hoped for more.

I believe UF played better than their talent showed most of the year-- actually overachieved . They did not have a great margin for error with how they played and the lack of game of their receivers. So the start of last nights game with the pic 6 and getting behind added to Louisville's excitement and confidence and really had a huge effect on Driskell. Couldn't have been better for Louisville-- and worse for UF.
    Perfect storm scenario.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,136 AG
    Where was the famous Gator Nation last night?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Officer
    Driskell just isn't QB material, end of story.
  • nicknick Posts: 4,434 Captain
    SuperFluke wrote: »
    Driskell just isn't QB material, end of story.

I hope Brisset doesn't transfer...
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,136 AG
    magot wrote: »
    Junior, I want my 1:05 back.

Go Gators!
    Vote for the other candidate
  • JebJeb Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    The pick 6 was an assanine call. You have a soph QB who has never played in a big bowl game, might have the jitters etc and you run a 4 yd slant to open your offense? My scenario would have been run it right at then 2 times and see what the 3rd down looks like, you know,kinda what we have done all year? And if ya have to punt them deep and put your D on the field without a TD deficit right out of the box. Pease is an *** for calling that, a complete ***. You progress young qb,s in a game like this ,period.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,680 Captain
    Hard to question a routine 8 yard pass. Driskell decides who to thorw to pre snap. Defense couldnt pressure Teddy B in the first hald. he must have hit 4 or 5 3rd and 10 plus.
    I thought with 5 weeks to prepare Driskell would take the next step foward...he didnt
    But, he made some ridiculous throws that not many other qbs, if any make.
    The onside kick was stupid that ended the game. Red zone Int was brutal.
    Didnt really run the ball until it was too late, didnt take one shot at a deep ball all game to loosed up secondary. Oh ya and teddy bridgewater is a STUD. I have followed him all year and he is the 2nd best qb in the country IMO, and the best passer in the country
    Why the hell did UF never blitz on third and long in the first half? Why do they dance around everywhere after a big hit after a 15 yard gain?

Positives:
    Matt Elam was flying around, defense was hitting hard and stopped the run.
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Where was the famous Gator Nation last night?

I was getting hammered on tequila and bad football... Go Gators!
    loco wrote: »

attachment.php?attachmentid=65899&d=1357238313
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    loco wrote: »

Ditto.., different concoction, but probably the same end result.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 699 Officer
    that was the most embarrassing Bowl game I've seen in a while...

Agree. Freakin' ridiculous! :banghead We were outcoached and outplayed from the very start ... ****!

Congrats to CS and his Cards for bringing it when it was needed. Cheers to them.
    Bob [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16 ft. Carolina Skiff J series with 25 hp Yamaha tiller - Wounded Knee
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    Stuff happens, the Gators still had a good season even if a bad game at the end. I must admit though, it was good to see the x coach is doing well. Always good to see a coach move through the ranks and do well when he finally gets a shot at the top.
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,476 Captain
    Elam and Floyd both will be entering the NFL draft, not good. Hopefully Reed and Easley will stick around.
    FLDXT wrote: »
    Elam and Floyd both will be entering the NFL draft, not good. Hopefully Reed and Easley will stick around.

Reed definitely needs some more reps. Easley wouldn't be hurt by that either. Both are using the advice of people to tell them how they rank, and the increase of $$'s, IF they stay.
    Either way, plenty of talent behind them.., and incoming.
    No one cared about this game anyway. Lowest attendance since 1939. Its all good!
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,680 Captain
    FLDXT wrote: »

Why would reed stay? he is the best weapon on offense, and they never throw him the ball. This offense is for short passes to bad wr, instead of using reed down the seam...
    sk018 wrote: »
    Why would reed stay? he is the best weapon on offense, and they never throw him the ball. This offense is for short passes to bad wr, instead of using reed down the seam...

Still has plenty of skills to learn yet.., MAYBE, even the college experience?
    Doubtful you say.

In actuality for him? Draft status/number/$$$$.
    JUST above average receivers are a dime a dozen in the NFL.
    He will be better than that with another year.., and HOPEFULLY, a better QB/ passer.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    UF's run, run, run, pass-a-little offensive scheme that was used all year got exposed in the end. You gotta be able to pass the ball effectively to win big games...usually. Driskel is an average passer at best.

On the flip side, Louisville worked the short passing game to perfection.

Yep, got smoked.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    I believe Driskell has the arm- his problem is between the ears. Like Tebow he has been gifted all his life andhe used his legs to get him out of trouble. Thats what he does first. I don't think he has natural football saavy. When Bridgewater had pressure, he sort of did the bullfighter shuffle and let rushers run by and stepped up in the pocket all the while with his eyes downfield.
  • heavychevy15heavychevy15 Posts: 837 Officer
    Bridge water showed great footwork eluding guys and still making great decisions on passing.
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    If the gators would concentrate more on playing football than running that trash talk mouth after the play they might be a better team. You didn't see any of that "In your face" BS from A&M last night and they were taking it to OK......
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • treetopflyntreetopflyn Posts: 3,937 Officer
    Still has plenty of skills to learn yet.., MAYBE, even the college experience?
    Doubtful you say.

In actuality for him? Draft status/number/$$$$.
    JUST above average receivers are a dime a dozen in the NFL.
    He will be better than that with another year.., and HOPEFULLY, a better QB/ passer.

Guess he didn't listen to Mr. Fluff he's taking his services to the NFL
  • catfishincatfishin Posts: 976 Officer
    Guess he didn't listen to Mr. Fluff he's taking his services to the NFL

37-26
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file