Couple of Monster Peacocks!!

Check out these monster peacocks we caught at our spot!!! Unfortunately we were not able to weigh them... hope you guys like it!! :cool:

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,049 Moderator
    Nice :fishing
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Reel-DealReel-Deal Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Nicely done! Looks like a pair (male/female) getting ready to mate...Did you find them on a bed or just blind casting? Male appeared to be a solid 4 to 5 lbs...I'd guestimate the female around 4...Whatever the weight, great looking pair of fish!
  • bigzee20bigzee20 Posts: 72 Deckhand
    Reel-Deal wrote: »
    Nicely done! Looks like a pair (male/female) getting ready to mate...Did you find them on a bed or just blind casting? Male appeared to be a solid 4 to 5 lbs...I'd guestimate the female around 4...Whatever the weight, great looking pair of fish!

Thanks!!!! They were not together, we caught them about 1 hr apart on a live stripped tilapia.
  • PeacockFeverPeacockFever Posts: 227 Officer
    the size of that tilapia was quite large for bait, when I first saw that I was ****?!?! but then noticed it was your bait, didnt know they could eat a tilapia that big, anyways very nice peacocks! haven't caught one that big since August 2012
    There's no such thing as too much bait!
  • flaswimbaiterflaswimbaiter Posts: 123 Officer
    Last spring I was catching peas on a 5" bluegill swimbait. Everyone seems to assume thay will only hit small baits.
  • PeacockFeverPeacockFever Posts: 227 Officer
    Last spring I was catching peas on a 5" bluegill swimbait. Everyone seems to assume thay will only hit small baits.
    If your talking about that big bluegill swimbait by storm lures, I have the same one, also a 3.5 inch bluegill swimbait by tsunami lures, caught a huge largemouth once with it
    There's no such thing as too much bait!
  • UrbanAnglerMiamiUrbanAnglerMiami Posts: 448 Officer
    NICE!!!
    "Exploring the Sublime of the Angling Worlds." HT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file